270 win load data (Nosler People)

smitty81

Beginner
Apr 11, 2007
In the 5th edition of the reloading manual you recomended like 55.5 grains of H4831 for the .270 130 gr. This was suppost to be the most accurate also. Now it looks like you have changed it to 46.0 grains of IMR4895? Why the change? What do all of you other reloaders think?
any info on this would be helpful

The #3 manual list RL22 as the most accurate powder tested.My guess would be when they wear out a test barrel and replace it the next one has liked a differant powder.BTW back when I was loading for the 270 winchester long nonmagnum 8) RL22 always gave me good accuracy and great velocity,h4831 never gave me the book velocity.

I second using RL 22, my dads 270 never shot as good as mine, since I switched to RL 22 his shoots just as good now, oh and my rifle likes it to. it works great in two different rifles for me, might want to give it a try, just my 2 cents

RL 22 with the 140gr Accu bonds? Can someone help me with a load. I will be doing the first load with these bullets and this powder? Thanks. A min and Max would be helpfull too. I have a Tikka T3 rifle.

RL22 is a great choice in the 270 Win.

JD338

You could try 56 Gr. of RL-22. Thats kind of a mild load to start out with. I have never loaded with RL-22 though. I plan to try it out in the near future.

What is a good accurate load wih the RL-22 that you guys have used?

Can anyone answer my previous question though? I got a guess but not a deffanite answer.

In the 5th edition of the reloading manual you recomended like 55.5 grains of H4831 for the .270 130 gr. This was suppost to be the most accurate also. Now it looks like you have changed it to 46.0 grains of IMR4895? Why the change? What do all of you other reloaders think?
any info on this would be helpful

Now I will add on the this question. Has the best load changed again in the new book? Does anyone know that info?

Also, it blows me away that so many people favor the RL-22 and it has not been the most accurate. Just seems odd to me.

CAN ANYONE give me a deffanite answer to why the loads change? :roll:

The load of H4831SC is still our recommended accuracy load. Our recommended loads can change as barrels, powder lots and other factors change. Of course our testing equipment has changed over the years as well.

To answer DRH1175's question, I recommend 55.0 grains of RL-19 for the 140gr AccuBond. Of course start below that and work your way up.

Back