2nd Season CO Cow Elk

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
Oct2015Moose.jpgOct25Elk3.jpgView attachment 2Oct25Elk.jpgIt's been a long time since I've had to hunt this hard to put food in the freezer. It's been a long hunting season so far with both my wife and son drawing archery elk / deer tags to start with. Their determination and persistence impressed me, as they hunted hard all of September. With my son finally being of age to hunt his first year, and having opportunities only made me reflect my years. They are already both talking about next year.
With nothing on the table from the Sept archery season, it was left upon my second choice, second season cow tag to come through. I definitely haven't had the trigger time I used to since the archery game has taken over the family the last five years, however I was looking forward to putting the .300RUM to work. I can't express how grateful I was to finally connect with this cow the last morning of the season.
Even better to share the pack out with the wife and kiddo ;)

Attachments

• Oct25Elk2.jpg
    Oct25Elk2.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 710
Doesn't matter if it's the first or last day you still got it done, congrats.

Fantastic!!! Glad to see a fellow Colorado man connecting!! Sounds like you've got your boy hooked! I hope he connects in the near future! I remember my first elk vividly! Couldn't be more happy for the young man! Love seeing the next generation of hunters come along! Again, well done!

Way to go Mark, congratulations!
Glad to see you back here. :)

JD338

Thanks Gents & thanks JD - I swing by here & there, just getting a bit rusty with the rifles unfortunately.

Powerstroke":2w2r2gnr said:
Thanks Gents & thanks JD - I swing by here & there, just getting a bit rusty with the rifles unfortunately.

I don't think so buddy from the looks of things. :mrgreen:

JD338

Back