30-06, 165 Partition, IMR 4350 or Win 760?

Roegun I don't have any issues with that load as far as density. In both rifles I was lucky in the fact that the same exact seating depth for each one worked out as well. 3.375 OAL is what I used. With 57.4 if I shake it enough to settle I can just hear a little movement of powder in the case.

Roegun I don't have any issues with that load as far as density. In both rifles I was lucky in the fact that the same exact seating depth for each one worked out as well. 3.375 OAL is what I used. With 57.4 if I shake it enough to settle I can just hear a little movement of powder in the case.

6mm Remington":1gxr3ttx said:

David, are you trying to up your count on posts? :shock:

H4350, IMR 4350 and the newer IMR 4451

All excellent in the 30-06............. I have used mainly IMR 4350 with 56.0 using 180gr Nosler Part for years in my 30-06.

Win 760 is a ball powder although a good one with Mag primers..........I just never gained ethusiam for ball powders.

IMR 4350 used it in so many of my rifles.......7mm RM, 300 WM, 338 WM and 270 Win and 30-06.

Roegun,

It's hard to go wrong with IMR 4350 and 165 gr partion. I have a very mild but very accurate imr 4350 165 gr load using military match brass and​ Sierra GK hpbt bullets. It's probably moving at 308 speeds, but its accuracy is confidence inspiring and it works well. Whatever load you come up with that 165 Partition will do well on just about any NA game. Good luck with it

Good match load in 30-06

178gr ELD X
IMR 4895 @ 49.0 to 50.0
Nat Match brass
CCI br2 primer

I searched today for IMR 4350 to no avail, but I do have a fair stock of it. My older 700 CDL in 270win loves it so I have never changed once I started using it for that rifle.
I will test some of the loadings mentioned in this thread. Thanks again for all the replies.

As far as the Win760 goes - I have used it with Mag primers in 30-30 and 270 loads as well as a few others. The only reason I even considered it (and asked for opinions) for the 06 is that a friend of my fathers (now deceased) was a testing tech for Nosler years ago. He absolutely swore by 760 for the 06. In all of my testing with it (not in 06) I only found one loading that I really liked and that was for the 270 Win. - 58.0gr 760 behind a Speer 100gr Hollow Point (#1447) and using a CCI mag primer. It never would exit a single Coyote, but after he was down you could just walk up to him, pick him up and rattle him. :lol: Great for coyotes and a heck of a lot of fun to shoot. I have a bunch of 760 still from my fathers friends old stock. I'm sure if nothing else I can load up more 100gr loads for the 270 and go shoot yotes with it.

When I first started reloading in the early 70's we thought a lot more basic than we do today. IMR 4320 was for little cartridges like the .243 and IMR 4350 was for the big stuff like the '06.
Over the years I've had several 06's and each one was fed a steady diet of IMR 4350 with never a complaint.
Now that the kids have all flown the nest I don't really have any little cartridges anymore. In fact, the only rifle calibers I currently load for are the 7mm Mag. and the .300 Winchester Mag. and they both do very well with IMR 4350. Both rifles have given me sub 1/2 groupings with hunting loads and I load my hunting rounds on the warm side.
IMR 4350 is the only rifle powder on my shelf, that's just how versatile it is.
Don't get me wrong I've tried W760 and was happy with it also but the supply just wasn't there like the IMR powders were.

Back