300 RUM 168 TTSX and Magnum Powder

Put a new scope on the 300 and played around a bit in between the snow. Wind didn’t let up but I wanted to shoot.

if you fellas haven’t looked at these new Trijicons they’re a lot of scope for the money. Excellent optics and railroad straight sorta tracking.

Theyre NF heavy though.

I always had high regard for Trijicon. Yet, funnily enough I've never owned one. I am going to have to rectify that deficit.

I always had high regard for Trijicon. Yet, funnily enough I've never owned one. I am going to have to rectify that deficit.
Well, I remember for years you ran the good Swaro and like. I kinda got interested in shooting long. I still hunt short but wanted more capability. The Trijicon is a decent blend. Their newer stuff seems very good.

I sold my 300 RUM, Rem 700 CDL, long ago... It bucked and snorted pretty decent too! :)

Eventually replaced it with the 30-06 version. Whew! ;) Much happier shooter.

Guy
Guy, I loaded my .338RUM with 250 Grain Partitions at 2940FPS and off the bench was definitely a rip snorter. Six shots and one headache later you definitely decided that was enough abuse.

Woody has a 300 RUM Sendero and I remember shooting that rifle before the brake.

It was too much of a good thing for me. With the brake we get along okay.

I shot a fair number of rifles for customers that had Trijicon scopes, but as I said, I never owned one myself. I was heavy on European scopes on my own rifles save for a few that wore Leupolds. Consequently, the lack of local availability was a final determinate for me, and a variety of European scopes were readily available.

Back