348/358---300 H & H/35 Whelen

Quite a lady for sure, probably have more luck getting Guy into a 35-06 than Scotty into a 30-06!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJGunner":15117x6g said:
lefty315":15117x6g said:
I personally think Guy is afraid to get a .35 Whelen, because it just may become his favorite rifle!!!

I think you're right. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Paul B.
[emoji851][emoji851][emoji851]
truck driver":15117x6g said:
PJGunner":15117x6g said:
lefty315":15117x6g said:
I personally think Guy is afraid to get a .35 Whelen, because it just may become his favorite rifle!!!

I think you're right. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Paul B.
Oh yeah and he will never admit it either. :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :grin:

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

35 Whelen":2sgaf4cz said:
Cheyenne,
I hope your grandads search for a pre 1960 Savage 99 in the great .358 Win is short n sweet. The featherweight model is my favorite for sure, the darn things are getting expensive so lets hope for a great deal for ya.
For what its worth I mentioned this to my pet "Otter" and here is a picture of how he feels about it too! Lol

Cheyenne, having given deep consideration to this thread, I've come to the conclusion that your native name is "Otter." I discussed this with Gil and he told me that it is likely "Thankful Otter."

LOL LOL LOL Love you guys

As Gil knows we consider the otter to be one of the most powerful animals in the animal kingdom and it is bad luck for us to kill one. So that works for me, but the female otter is also called a b itch and I am sure at times that also fits me.

But forgetting all that, I think "Thankful Otter" would be a good name and maybe I will ask Jim how to change my log in name. My family crest could be a picture of Earle's pet otter.

Did this thread take a detour or what LOL

Well, its a good thing I enjoy otters. They are truly a delight to be around when working the rivers of BC. This thread took a detour???

All in good fun, Cheyenne. You know we love you.

Man, it's getting to be time to break the Whelen out of the safe....

A lot of nonsense being talked about the old Colonel around here :twisted:

SJB358":6xakbz79 said:

Yeah still waiting on a report with the 200gr AB and IMR 8208 from you. :roll: :lol: :grin:
Let's see yeah top this :mrgreen:

Attachments

• NCM_0158.JPG
    NCM_0158.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,341
Thankful Otter,

Glad you liked that!

Keep up the good work, and let us know when you get yourself that 358 added to your collection of leverguns!

truck driver":2kkja234 said:
SJB358":2kkja234 said:

Yeah still waiting on a report with the 200gr AB and IMR 8208 from you. :roll: :lol: :grin:

What velocity?

hseII":3h283iyu said:
truck driver":3h283iyu said:
SJB358":3h283iyu said:

What velocity?
2785fps out of a 22" barrel.

truck driver":2r463xcx said:
hseII":2r463xcx said:
truck driver":2r463xcx said:
SJB358":2r463xcx said:

What velocity?
2785fps out of a 22" barrel.
That is hauling the mails.

Nice.

hseII":1s2u6dpa said:
truck driver":1s2u6dpa said:
SJB358":1s2u6dpa said:

What velocity?

I get 2840fps with the 200 gr AB and 57 gr IMR 8208 and CCI 250's from a custom 24" barrel. The Barnes 200 gr TTSX gets a tiny bit more speed with the same load.

I just loaded up some 180 TTSX's in my new little 350 Rem Mag. Kinda excited to try that combo out. I wanted to use some Noslers but the only ones that really work in that 2.860 magazine are the 225 Partitions.

SJB358":2olxd22b said:
I just loaded up some 180 TTSX's in my new little 350 Rem Mag. Kinda excited to try that combo out. I wanted to use some Noslers but the only ones that really work in that 2.860 magazine are the 225 Partitions.
Looking forward to hearing how they work.
Time to play in the snow.

As far as accuracy goes, the lighter Barnes have been outstanding in my 338 Federal (160/TAC) and the DT factory load 358 Norma Mag ( 180/C4 with a splash of JP) :)

Hey Cheyenne, This post is like the Energizer Rabbit, I just keeps going and going and going and going---------------------------- :roll: :lol: :grin: (y)

35 Whelen":47oejm0s said:
Wow, and they say a picture is worth a thousand words!
I guess they are right!
I'm glad they eat fish, it wouldn't be safe to go out doors if they wanted something bigger. :shock: :lol:

Awesome picture!

Yes, that look of intensity truly shows their predatory nature, doesn't it?!?

Back