35 Newton RL26 250 PTs

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Well, me and old thumper had a good time today. Wasn't sure how 26 would work but in my opinion, it works pretty well. This rifle isn't a 222 at all. When the trigger is pressed on bench there is no mistake what happened! I do enjoy it.

Anyhow, speeds look good and it's grouping pretty decently. Might have to hunt the darn thing if it keeps acting like this.

Might try shortening them up just a hair BT for this rifles purpose it seems adequate right now, tighter is always better though right! :lol:

isaac newton himself would be intrigued with the energy that thing generates. :mrgreen:

very cool. (y) And nice speed, pushing those 250 grainers…

NWBlacktail":3838bfd7 said:
isaac newton himself would be intrigued with the energy that thing generates. :mrgreen:

very cool. (y) And nice speed, pushing those 250 grainers…

Oh Yeah! I was very much reminded of him today :lol:

Those Partitions are really singing! Eighty-two grains sure shows promise. Yeah, results such as those could push the rifle to the front of the line come fall.

DrMike":27by4bfr said:
Those Partitions are really singing! Eighty-two grains sure shows promise. Yeah, results such as those could push the rifle to the front of the line come fall.

That's what I was thinking as well Mike. Going to get cases annealed and cleaned up to try it again. That's a horse of a load. It really should hunt.

I can't think of anything here in North America that could withstand that load. It will pack a wallop and drop the biggest animal right smartly!

82 grains seems to shoot pretty well for me. Going to try shortening them a touch but they have done fairly decent but probably just need to have the seating depth tweaked a little.

It's not a bench gun at all, but it seems to wanna shoot.

Looking good Scotty. How's retirement going? Nice not having to get up at 0530 everyday isn't it :?: :mrgreen:

joelkdouglas":3fzv8smo said:
I'm starting to catch on to the R26 trend! It only took me 3 threads.

I like the stuff... It's been very good in a bunch of my guns.

TD, retirement was good. I'm back to work now. Happy as a lark!!

I also have some 250 Oryx's. Those show some promise as well. Plan on loading a couple of them for next time as well.

Wanna get this rifle sorted out. It's due to spend some time on the elk mountain.

SJB358":z54yj5mk said:
joelkdouglas":z54yj5mk said:
I'm starting to catch on to the R26 trend! It only took me 3 threads.

I like the stuff... It's been very good in a bunch of my guns.

TD, retirement was good. I'm back to work now. Happy as a lark!!

I also have some 250 Oryx's. Those show some promise as well. Plan on loading a couple of them for next time as well.

Wanna get this rifle sorted out. It's due to spend some time on the elk mountain.
The company I work for part time casually hired another full time driver so I'm only listed as vacation relief and that might stop also. but I'm good with that since the wife is working less also and we can spend more time together. And I get more range time and fishing time :mrgreen:

Those all look promising, Scotty. Good to see you pulling the trigger on a few of those rifles.

Hey Scotty if the 35 Whelen is called Thor's Hammer than that Newton is Thor's Sledge Hammer (y).
It sure looks like you are close to having her right where you want it.
I am glad you are enjoying the new job :wink:, just wondering if you want to share what this new adventure is?
Thanks for the post my friend.

Blessings,
Dan

Back