35 Newton

I managed to score a set of RCBS FL dies for the 35 Newton. I bought them from a fellow Marine on LRH. He also has a set of 30 Newton dies as well. Heck, for 35.00 how do you go wrong?

Nathan, I think everything with the Newton case is identical, base, rim and body wise to the 375 Ruger. Kinda seems like all Ruger did was blowout the Newton case some and push the shoulder forward and steepen the neck. This is a future build, so I still have some time, but this pretty much concretes the 35 Newton for future use!

That'll be a pretty neat build. Now we have something new to push you to do. :mrgreen: Can I borrow it, er, for field testing, of course. :grin:

Mike, the dies are on the way... Yeah, I think it'll be good. I imagine it is going to be a long term build, but I needed something to compete with your 9.3 Brenneke so I think this will do!

Oh, the rest of you all, keep your eyes out for 35 Newton Brass. I am in the market...

Well, I believe it will be right up there with the Brenneke, Scotty. The Newton is a neat cartridge; old stuff could get my attention.

I will take any that can be found. I would rather stick with Quality Cartridge if I could. It is formed and headstamped.. It is expensive, but nothing with this rig is going to be cheap I don't think. Again, I wanna do it slow and assemble as I can.. Kind of a long term build..

nvbroncrider":1nowgdhu said:
SJB358":1nowgdhu said:
nvbroncrider":1nowgdhu said:
Will do our best 200?

What do you mean Jake?

200 pieces? Sorry for the confusion.

I appreciate you all keeping your eyes peeled for it.. I think Brian has found me the reamer as well..

Preferably a little new than these! :lol:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =289728188

Also, just as an FYI, the feller that sold me the 35 Newton dies for 35.00 has a set of 30 Newton dies for the same amount. Anyone looking to build a super 30 cal magnum would have a little bit of fun with this one!

Back