358Win Hawkeye Is Here - Range Report Starts Soon

I am with you, and I usually don't worry too much about duplicating, but for now, I am going to put more towards hunting and optics vs new rifles. Now, I have been known to change my mind, but that is my story and I am sticking to it! Scotty

(Note to self: don't have an '06 yet. Need to get one. Maybe one of the new Winchester M70FWT?)

They are a most attractive rifle. Mine is completed with the break-in, but it does look pretty sitting on the bench.

Scotty,

Doesn't everyone have "enough to kill all the NA" big game? When did that ever stop a real crank from getting another calibre or a fine looking work of art (strictly as an investment for my wife, should she read this).

My load work for the 225gr Sierra is finished. I got 2401fps as an average today with my 46.5grs of AA2495 and the bullets did not duplicate the raged hole today but were all three touching. IMR3031 was way to slow and the load even though it was compressed, it only averaged 2318fps and accuracy was under and inch, in fact it was a good group. Of all the powders I used and the loads were compressed and produced 2350-2500fps, 2495 had the least expanded base at the bottom of the brass. It truly is then considering accuracy, velocity and case expansion a very efficient powder for my specific rifle. I am very impressed with the consistency of low deviation, tight groups and good velocity.

DrMike":3jchqa03 said:
(Note to self: don't have an '06 yet. Need to get one. Maybe one of the new Winchester M70FWT?)

They are a most attractive rifle. Mine is completed with the break-in, but it does look pretty sitting on the bench.

Scotty,

Doesn't everyone have "enough to kill all the NA" big game? When did that ever stop a real crank from getting another calibre or a fine looking work of art (strictly as an investment for my wife, should she read this).

Thats true, but I still need to draw some more blood with a few of my rifles. I am hoping this is the year. I was jipped out of last years hunting season, so I am going to try and make up for it this year! Maybe my wife will surprise me with a new one sometime.

Bullet, it seems like you have found "the one". I hope to hear about you slaying some pigs with it. I bet you are going to have a new favorite. Plus, you are helping bring the 358 back in style. Scotty

Back