.375 300gr nab for big critters.

fwood

Beginner
Jul 15, 2011
Has anyone turned a .375 300 gr. AccuBond loose on a big mean critter yet. I am interested in the results before I start the process of working up a load. Bear, Moose ect.

Jon

They are monsters. Good enough for anything in NA. No questions asked.

I haven't tried them on game but they should work very well. The 260 gr AB has worked well on bears for me and I can't imagine the 300 gr version would be worse.

gerry":3r3inxhn said:
I haven't tried them on game but they should work very well. The 260 gr AB has worked well on bears for me and I can't imagine the 300 gr version would be worse.

+1, I've taken a 4x4 elk with the 260AB out of my 375RUM. I do have a 300AB load developed, but really don't need it.

Not sure I'd be too concerned. A 300gr AB ought to be phenomenal. So far the only 300 grainers I've put through my 375 Ruger are the PTs... and they weren't used on big mean critters... just mean paper and water jugs.

The 300 gr AB should cover anything that hunts back.

JD338

I have not played with the 300 AB yet, but I'm very impressed with the 260 AB. Two bull elk, and my biggest buck sure didn't like them. I would think that the 300 would just be more of a good thing, right?

fwood":34x4nw1c said:
Has anyone turned a .375 300 gr. AccuBond loose on a big mean critter yet. I am interested in the results before I start the process of working up a load. Bear, Moose ect.

Jon

Looks like none of us here have actually used the 300 gr AccuBond on game. :( One of us .375 guys really ought to remedy that situation!

Guy

Guy,

You do have the M70 dying to be used. Sounds like you could be the one to test it. You need to get a good load for Africa right?

Yup. Scoped that Model 70 today, just my little 2.5x Leupold that I stole off my .30-30 Marlin/Glenfield. The lever gun is pouting now.

I don't see myself buying any 300 gr Accubonds right now though. Have 700+ 260 - 300 gr bullets by Nosler, Hornady, Sierra and Speer sitting here. Almost half of them are 300's of one sort or another, including 150, 300 gr Nosler Partitions. I just can't justify buying any more 300 gr bullets.

We don't have that many enraged cape buffalo bulls roaming Washington State at any given time! :mrgreen:

Besides, for the Africa trip, I think I'm really stretching it, even taking a .375 for plains game. Except that I really like my .375 rifles! :grin:

Guy

Fotis needs to test them.....at 4000 fps. :)

JD338

Back