$4000 plains game trip

I never went to Africa. I could have gone when I lived in France really cheaply but my wife got ill. Didn't have time anyway. I travelled the world for my job for many years but never hunted outside Canada and the US. I don't regret not getting to hunt as I had three children to send to college on my dime. Plus I always had 4-5 projects going in as many countries.

I am just grateful to have had the ability to hunt as much of the US and Canada as I did have. I had (5) paid weeks of vacation yearly but mostly I was lucky to get to take (3) weeks a year and burned the balance at Christmas. I did make two deer or elk hunting trips a year, one instate and one out-of-state. I am happy with what I had to hunt and appreciated every one of the hunting experiences with friends.

Guy,

I does understand sir.

While I was wanting to live vicariously through your exploits you have shown us all what is important and for that I commend you. I too dream of Africa, friend and his family lived for Cape and Lion hunting back in the 1970's, and I have talked with many folks that have made the trip multiple times. It has been said that on your first trip you start making plans for your second trip as it is such an experience. Chuck Westenburg always said he envied folks on their first African hunt.

Now I need to go over to my friend Jimmy's house and look at the cape buffalos on his wall. He is the gentleman that gave me this hunting bug and I owe him a HUGE Thank You. I'll take him some antelope backstraps. Guy, you have made the right decision for you and I support it.

Vince

Personally unless any game I bag makes book plenty of digital pictures is more than enough for me. I know I am the exception probably.

I do not even have pictures, my ex wife kept all my pictures as well. For what purpose, other than being mean, I have no idea. Good thing they can't steal your memories.

Too much money. I got 7-8 animals for $7000. Kudu, Impalla, Blue wildebeest(+1 free),Gemsbuck,warthog,Blesbuck and springbuck.

All were quality animals. More than one will be book animals. That was 10(ended up with 11th day free) FULL days of hunting with one day before and after the hunt which you do not pay for.

Contact Iliwa Safaris and if you do tell them Doug and Kelli said Hi. They will take much better care of you.

Well, things change, and change.

Am back on schedule for Africa. Should have a hunt report for all, about a year from now.

What can I say? It's been an interesting time in my life with a lot going on. I've got the cash and am making it happen.

Wyoming? Oh yeah, that too!

Guy

My head is spinning, Guy. I'm certain you'll make a wise choice. Should this happen, man, I'm excited for you.

Choice is made. Money is paid. Going to Africa.

Life is simpler when a fellow just deals with it directly.

Want to go to Africa? Yes, all my life.

Can I afford to go? Yes. Heck, I can pay cash.

Going to Africa! :mrgreen:

Guess I'm just not used to spending that much money on myself. Kind of made my head spin for a while! My wife said I was nuts to cancel. She knew I wanted to go.

Guy

Vince, I am trying so hard to not type my fingers off with a zillion questions & comments re hunting in Africa...

It's on my mind almost daily.

Kudu & Gemsbok, Gemsbok & Kudu.

.30-06 or .375 ?

Flight arrangements.

Tipping.

Other concerns?

I've got a zillion questions, but am sure all or most of it will all be handled just fine. It's not like going to South Africa for plains game is some kind of new mystery. It is to me though!

Guy

Guy Miner":1wccgzgi said:
Vince, I am trying so hard to not type my fingers off with a zillion questions & comments re hunting in Africa...

Type away :grin:

It's on my mind almost daily.

As it should be.

Kudu & Gemsbok, Gemsbok & Kudu.

Yes

.30-06 or .375 ?

Both or one or the other.

Flight arrangements.

Travel Agent

Tipping.

Yes.
I used to work for tips but these days they call that a bribe. :grin:

Other concerns?

Don't worry. Be Happy.

I've got a zillion questions, but am sure all or most of it will all be handled just fine. It's not like going to South Africa for plains game is some kind of new mystery. It is to me though!

Life is a mystery. Live for the adventure.

Guy

:grin:

Back