SCHMIDT AND BENDER low power scope

Attachments

• 149.JPG
    149.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,012
  • 150.JPG
    150.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,012
I loved my .416 Rigby... just a round that instills confidence. I found it to be just too much of a good thing for my taste. Beautiful rig!

Wish I had a use for something like that...

Previous experience tells me though, that I'd have to move the scope farther forward, particularly on a powerful rifle like that... Apparently you didn't build it for me! :mrgreen:

Guy

You can't have many T-Rex left down in Mexico with that sort of artillery! Beautiful rifle. Looking at that, I can hear Africa calling. (y)

thank you all for the good words, and for sure Dr.Mike no too much Dinos on Mexico only small ones, hihi, liked the look and finish on this traditional African Rifle, big action with big capability, and for sure one of the finest scopes on the planet, its illuminated. Hope my friend makes good use of it, lets see if he can stop one of the big buffalos, he shot a very fine one with .375 hh.
In this one using Barnes tsx 400gr pills and woodleighs fmj. Will post pictures soon. thank you all.

and Guy maybe a day I can build something you want, It can be done if you really want. Wish I could posses AR15 plataform as you do on States, I would build a very intersting rifle, maybe some day will migrate stateside and open my shop.

That's an outstandingly gorgeous rifle.
I wish it were mine.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

hodgeman":1ncoy2vc said:
I loved my .416 Rigby... just a round that instills confidence. I found it to be just too much of a good thing for my taste. Beautiful rig!

As did I! I shot my buddies Rigby a Ruger Safari, it's a nice rifle and with the irons I was able to ring the 8" gong 3 for 3 at 100 yards. However, three shots cured all desire to shoot or own a rifle in that cartridge. I'll stick to my .375 Ruger, but a Custom H&H like the Rigby pictured would be nice as well. 8)

CZ, does the Montana action have the same "footprint" as the Win Model 70 action? Is it identical for fitting to the stock?

Guy

Guy Miner":1o47lsjk said:
Previous experience tells me though, that I'd have to move the scope farther forward, particularly on a powerful rifle like that...
Guy

:mrgreen: I was thinking the same thing. I've even scoped myself with my 270 win. It doesn't take much, or an odd angle shot, and the next thing you are wondering "why am I bleeding?"

Looks like an awesome weapon!

Guy Miner":1kr9ub6t said:
CZ, does the Montana action have the same "footprint" as the Win Model 70 action? Is it identical for fitting to the stock?

Guy
Guy the Montana Profesional Hunter action is a -lil- different, its a much larger action, with a very big magazine, my .338 Lapua handles 4plus inches in COL, this is a BIG action with a capacity of 4 rounds plus 1 in barrel. Nothing compared to a Winchester 70 action..... the bolt is much larger in diameter, for sure an excellent action to make BIG rifles.

Sounds like a beast of an action. Those Montana Rifles seem better and better every time I read or learn more about them.

Back