416 WBY VS Antelope? graphic.

I have always believed that one should use enough gun for the job. I think you guys definitely did that!

Sounding more and more like the 338 RUM is going to get the nod for Speed Goats in WY in 2011. :grin:

JD338

See Jim this is the way I figure it.
I can get as many over the counter goat tags as they are still selling them.
With big guns and premium bullets antelope make the perfect testing media, as far as you're testing for long range expansion.

On the first hunt I used the 330 GS Custom HV bullet. It hit the antelope at 452 yards and the internal destruction was PHENOMENAL! Same with the Barnes 300 TSX although it was only 363 yards or so.

Point being if the GS expands on a super frail antelope at 452 it should have no problem on elk or bear moose etc.

Now it does not really tell a big story on penetration on goats but we know the e-tip GS HV all copper based will penetrate to the middle of next week!

Fotis,

Good logic!

Think I will bring out the 338 RUM loaded with the 250 gr AB, 280 AI loaded with the 140 gr AB and maybe the T/C Contender in 6.5 JDJ loaded with the 120 gr BT.

JD338

Man, that sounds like a ton of FUN!.. Now I am already dreaming about hunting next year! Scotty

beretzs":21h1exfz said:
Man, that sounds like a ton of FUN!.. Now I am already dreaming about hunting next year! Scotty

Get that 25-06 fixed and get on out here for goats Scotty!

You know it! I am looking forward to that. Never hunted antelope so I would have a blast out on the open plains I believe. Looking forward to doing more hunting with you all! Scotty

Back