44 mag recommendation?

Oldtrader3":1xlssa43 said:
RJ, I guess I just miss having a .44 mag anymore but with (8) handguns, there is a limit as to what you can own caliber-wise!

I'm sorry to here that :( a man should not be with out a 44 mag - why what would Skeeter or Elmer think of ya ? :wink: Just TEASING ya ! LOL

Cheers :grin: RJ

Charlie, I think my next 6 gun with be another Blackhawk in 45 Long Colt. Just haven't scraped up enough for another and my Pop's passed me the 44 shorty, so I am pretty content with that for now..

Charlie, one of the biggest sales mistakes I've ever made was selling an old Ruger Vaquero in .45 colt. This was the large frame and shot lights out. I had a friend that was getting into "western" shooting and he talked me out of it. That Gun shot 255 grain semi wads unbelievable.

Oldtrader3":41g9gkxb said:
Doesn't anybody shoot the .45 Colt anymore? I have a 357, 7-1/2 .357 Mag Ruger Bisley for hunting small to medium varmits, then a Colt .45 USFA Bisley for protection and hunting bear, lion and game stealers, plus I have a .45 USFA Rodeo. for aforementioned tasks. It is easy with LilGun or TiteGroup to get over 1000 fps , if need be, and the 250 gr, .45 Colt at that velocity doesn't kick much and will knock nearly any thing down.

th_70160.jpg

I do

Attachments

• 45 colta.jpg
    45 colta.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6,277
Fotis, that 45LC is the one I want... I hawk the classifieds looking for you having a moment of weakness....

Cool Fotis.

I went to the local gun store this morning. I was looking for a really accurate .22LR bolt action, better than the two that I already have. I could not get the kid behind the counter to sell me one! He handed me a Ruger 10-22 with a heavy barrel plus a tripod and got insulted when I said that was not what I wanted. He then gave me some trash about how this gun would/could shoot better than I could, as though I care! I asked him to please show me what other bolt action .22 LR's he had and he kept handing me .22 Magnums to look at. Someone wanting a match grade 22 LR does not want to look at .22 WMR's!!!!!

I asked him if he had some .22 LR shells for sale and he replied only for people who buy a gun. I asked him how many shells he would sell me, if I bought a gun, and he said "some"! That was when I got the urge to go home and feed my cats! Finally, I asked him if they had a S&W .38 Sp. with a hammer. The answer was no. I have bought maybe (6) handguns and (5) rifles there in that store, plus all of my supplies and stuff. However, he has worked there maybe a month and does not know me and never will get to! Sorry for the rant!

I have the Super Redhawk in 44 with the 7.5" barrel. It shoots better than I do but is a pain in the arse to carry. I have a shoulder rig for it but it is still cumbersome as a side arm. My 5'5" wife has no problem shooting it. If I were to do it again though, I think that I would opt for a shorter barrel.

Here are my two 44's..

The longer 44 will probably get a scope since it would make a good hunting handgun, while the shorter one, will be my new pistol for packing in elk country.

Oldtrader3":37kzuh77 said:
Glad to see this topic. We hardly ever talk about single action revolvers on these forums.

They are my favorite pistols. I really like the Blackhawks alot. Strong and really danged accurate. Plus, they aren't so pricey to ruin a guys bank account...

This is true. I bought a .357 and a .41 Mag back when they were $82.50. I wish that I still had them. They are still a real lot of pistol for the money though!

Oldtrader3":3d3lb5gc said:
This is true. I bought a .357 and a .41 Mag back when they were $82.50. I wish that I still had them. They are still a real lot of pistol for the money though!

I would really like a 45LC in a Blackhawk.. Figure it'd be a fun revolver to have for packing, plus loaded up to modern spec's, it's a pretty formidable package.

In a Ruger, it is no reach to get 1250 fps for the 250 grain .452 bullet or 1000 fps for the 325 grain. Mine are USFA and are stronger than Colts but are not Ruger's by a wide margin. I have been thinking about getting a 7.5 inch Ruger, .45 Colt for serious business.

Yeah, I want one of the 4 5/8" Rugers in 45.. Think it would be a ton of fun.

SJB358,
Nice pistols especially the shorty. I wish that they made that in 454 Casull! I would purchase one in a heartbeat.

SJB358":mldh8crd said:
Yeah, I want one of the 4 5/8" Rugers in 45.. Think it would be a ton of fun.

My son and I love shooting that .45 Blackhawk of his, which has the 4 5/8" barrel. It's a very nicely balanced revolver.

Guy

null_zpsedcd87fc.jpg

null_zps8edda1eb.jpg

null_zpsd4e0543f.jpg

My newest addition S&W 29 44 Mag :) was looking at a Sako 9.6 and thought it was a little expensive and I asked if he had one of these in Nickel and he said nope but i have one in blue and I could not leave without it !! Scotty I like those grips on your first picture,a lot :)

I have the 4-5/8 " Super Blackhawk BUT i really like the same gun in a 45 Long Colt too ! its a great cartridge with big heavy 300+ gr cast bullets ! :grin:

Cheers RJ

Back