55's

Ah oh! That behavior can be dangerous to your savings account. Having ammo or dies for another caliber and spare, unused scopes laying around can easily form the basis for justification on buying a new firearm. Be aware of these temptation devices!

I ordered them because, I may inherit a 270 from my father in law that passes away a month ago. If I don't, there are a lot of people in the world that shoot .270s so I can always sell them.

Scotty, have to agree with you on the 130's. Two friends shoot them and they take a lot of deer every year with that one.
Russ

SJB358":1s6ijph6 said:
The 130 BT and the 270 are deer lightening....

How about the 130AB in the .270? Is it a less thought of bullet?

Of course, the 130PT is my all-time favorite :grin: ...and not to high-jack this post, I too have many boxes of the 55s, doing very well in all the 22-250s :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think just about any of the Nosler offerings would be excellent for deer in the 130 range. I have seen the 130 BT's decimate deer. Same for the PT's. Seen less with the AB's, but my 270WSM with the 140 AB's was a great performer, but I think for strictly deer, the 130 BT in the 270 is a good "plant em" load!

They use the 130 b-tips more for the cost factor. And it shoots good in thier rifles.
Russ

I like all the offerings of Nosler. Your can leave them for a while but you find yourself coming back time and again. I remember when the BT came out, it was all I used in my 270 and 30-06 for deer, just devastated them.

I never left! Stilted growth on my part, I guess but when you already have the best bullets, why change?

Oldtrader3":3hnlptw0 said:
I never left! Stilted growth on my part, I guess but when you already have the best bullets, why change?

Because I wanted to see it they were the best and how the others compared, because experience always trumps theory bringing home the reality in real terms. You actually know for sure! Easy to believe something is the best because others say it is, but to know for sure is knowing. Because you want to believe it is does not mean that it is, so it was worth the effort to see for myself. :mrgreen:

Oldtrader3":2wi7swzd said:
A hundred dead deer don't lie!!!

Is that all? Shoot, you would have had more if your experience would have been an eclectic one and not such a sterile and sheltered one! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mine was pretty eclectic, two countries, about 15+ states in all, plus Anti Costi Island in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence. I do not have as much whitetail experience however, as I do with mule deer. I have killed a bunch more desert mule deer and Rocky Mountain mule deer.

I don't know what exactly you mean by eclectic in my case. I have killed deer with every thing from a .380 pistol to a .44 Magnum S&W. Plus of course, probably 25 rifle calibers ranging from .243 to .45-70. I even killed one whitetail in Wyoming with a 9mm Browning fast draw, shooting him in the back of the head, while taking a pee on the brush he was hiding in! I killed a Texas whitetail while he was servicing a doe!

Tell me what you mean by eclectic? :mrgreen:

My whole point was for you to settle down, it is not a big thing nor serious and you need to be able to take a little ribbing. I was only being humorous. :mrgreen:

I can take ribbing with the best of them, Mike, I just need to recognize it as that? Sometimes with your humor, I have no clue what you are saying because the signals are opaque and messages are mixed? In other words is it humor or what? I will try harder, if you will be a little less opaque with your signals? Deal?

And I would have only killed half as many deer had I stuck with some of the famous bullets that were around in the 1960-1970's :mrgreen: I am an engineer, I am not supposed to have a sense of humor!

Back