6.5 mm 120 gr ttsx advice?

RL 17 has always gave me great speed and accuracy. Ive only tried in two 6.5 CM's though. I keep hearing it is not very temp stable, but I personally don't know. I've never tried to test it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't speak about how stable the powder is in hot weather. Whenever it rises above 20C (68F), I am not hunting. I can speak to hunting in temperatures down to -35C (-31F), and the power works pretty well for me. Anything below -35C, and I'll likely choose to remain inside, though I have had a few hunts when it was -45C (-49F). I don't recall dropping anything on any of those hunts, however.

Well it should be fine for me cause I'll never see those temps in Mississippi! Our deer seasons usually run from the 20's- 60's F

You're also in the center of a node. Slight changes of burn rate in the center should still leave you safely inside the node and give you predictable accuracy. JMO though.

That would be nice gonna have to have some test run at hospital toward the end of the week. Gonna try to score some more RL17 hopefully.

Since I don't have anymore RL 17 yet I just loaded my last twelve of the 120 TTSX with the best performing RL16 combo. 43.3 gr seated .100" off the lands. Gonna try em out in a couple days. If I can shoot four 3 shot groups around 1/2" with that load I'm gonna be happy. Not even gonna drink any coffee lol.

Hopefully it will. I'll be honest when I shot the RL16 loads last and was pretty tired. Worked 10 hours in a steel plant and was hungry and wanted my bed lol

Back