6.5 Remington Magnum ?

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
Does anyone have any experience loading for this cartridge ?

What kind of powders ? I'd think the 130gr A-bond would be a good bullet choice for Mulies....

This would be in the Rem 673 Action ( model 7 ) & a 22 in tube....

Thanks

Powerstroke

AN oldie but goodie, the original short mag.

JD338

I would have one if I did not already have a 270 wsm you could buy those in a 673 for cheap

The current Nosler manual has a good article on the 6.5mmRM. I will have to check it when I get home...jim

With a 24" barrel and 130 gr AccuBond bullets Nosler #6 shows IMR 7828 at 3,180 fps for 60.5 gr, and RL22 at 3,170 fps for 59.5 gr.

jim

Thanks Guys !

The article in the manual is pretty darn good. Just didn't know if anyone had one of those up the sleeve tricks or tales for this round.

Powerstroke,

I started using my 6.5-'06 in '80, mostly for deer hunting. I started out using 140 gr bullets, and went up to 160 gr trying loads. With the rise of the super premium bullets I now mostly shoot bullets in the 120 gr to 130 gr range.

I have been thinking I would like to have a 6.5 RCM, and I talked to Ruger about it (they talked to Hornady about it). If the 6.5 RCM doesn't fly I expect I will deploy a 6.5 RM next year to end up with a shorter and lighter rifle than my 6.5-'06.

I have heard that the ribbed barrel will shoot vertical groups if it gets hot. Any experience with that?

jim

HunterJim,

I don't have any experience with the ribbed barrel. It's one of those things with me that it's not appealing to me, but it's interesting, I want one. Truth be told, my wife is applying for a Bull Elk tag for the first time ( she's shot a few cows ), but I'd like somehting else for her. This fits the ticket.....build her Model 7 .260 into something that would actually shoot decent.... ?? Not sure...Can't ever have too many can you ??

Back