6mm at the range

Idaho_Elk_Huntr

Beginner
Feb 5, 2009
Took my MGM 6mm Rem to the range yesterday. Shot it at 100 yards and it was dead on. Moved back to 200 and shot my first group. Got ready to fire round number 4 and before I could get on target bang. Sort mess with me for a minute trying to figure out what happened. Well I loaded number 5. cocked gun and bang.. Ok wasnt me I was sure of.

Got it home and put in a snap cap. Cock it and about 8 seconds click. Did it again and 3 seconds click. Once more it wouldn't hold at all. Once again and about 10 seconds click.

Could get any questions answer other than MBelm said the sear notch needed to be worked. I had a number 3 trigger spring in it. Its been there for over a year. Replaced it with the factory pin and cocked it last night. Still is cocked. Slapped it around a few times with a rubber mallot and it is still cocked. I think it was just a week trigger spring .

Anyways I only got one 3 shot group at 200 and dont think the trigger messed with it. I was going for a 5 shot but just told you..
I think 105 Bergers and 45 grains of RL 22 was a good starting load but believe it will be much better. Got to make sure gun is safe before I hit the range again.

berg.jpg

For sure you will want to work the trigger. It is always disconcerting when the rifle goes "BANG" and you are not expecting it.

DrMike":30ergo35 said:
For sure you will want to work the trigger. It is always disconcerting when the rifle goes "BANG" and you are not expecting it.

Yep, I need to find a good smith and let them have at it. I cant deal and wont with the great arrogant one

Oh and this is an Encore

Back