7mm-08 140 grain Accubond

G

I want to see what other people are useing for this load and what speed you are getting out of them. I have been using Varget powder and I was thinking of getting IMR4385. What does everyone think?
:lol:

4895, Varget and 4350 have all worked well in my 7mm-08. H414 will normally provide the highest velocities, if that is important to you.

I am looking for the balance of accuray and speed

I have great velocity 2875 and accuracy .500 @100 yards using Reloader 15, Winchester case and Fed match primer. TIKKA T-3.

Good Luck!

Using Speer Load data, I am getting right at 3000 fps with 49.0 gr W-760 (this is their max load) firing 140 gr Accubonds in my 24" barreled factory Rem 700 SPSS 7-08. This is also the most accurate load this gun shoots. Great gun, and great load in my opininon. Wouldn't hesitate to use this on elk.

Why would you use Speer load Data for a Nosler product ? Isn't that dangerous to use different load charts then the ones provided?

Reloading books are "guides". They are certainly to be taken seriously, but think about it. Are you shooting the same barrel at the same length? No you aren't. Are you seating the bullet to the exact same OAL? Probably not. If you are, eventually you will start measuring your chamber lengths and then changing your OALs. Are you firing your rifle at the same temperature? I doubt it. Since Nosler does not use H-4831 for a specific bullet weight but does use IMR4831 does that mean you cannot use H4831? Nope.

There are variables, that is why you cannot absolutely say that the hottest (safe) load given in a reloading book will not be too hot for your rifle. Or that you cannot load a little hotter than the book, or use a different primer or bullet. Like I said, reloading books are to be taken very seriously, but with time and experience you can work with different variables.

Want some good reading, get a copy of John Barsness article "Handloads That Work". You know what? They do work very well and are much more general than you would think . . .it was an eye opener for me.

Long

Who are you talking to and what book are you inquiring about? If it's me and you are wondering about the article, look up John Barsness "Handloads That Work" on the net and you should be able to find that article. I don't know why it is on there but I got a copy this way.

Long

Back