7mm 120 BT

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
I know the 7mm 120 BT has been praised several times here, touting how tough the bullet is and how well it does on game. I load it in my daughters 7mm-08 and it has proven to be a good bullet.

If you want to see several examples of the little bullet in action, go to the Accurate reloading forum and look in the Hog hunting area. A gentleman from Texas is loading them in a single shot 7-30 Waters in the mid 2600's. The recovered bullets are impressive, as are the results on the pigs he takes.

First time I knew much about them was in 2012 when my hunting partners each used that bullet, one from a .280, one from a 7mm-08 rifle. They took two mule deer and two antelope with those bullets, no problem. Later, back in Florida, they used those rifles and bullets to take quite a few wild hogs.

I am impressed!

Guy

I've never heard anything but great things about the bullets on game. I've been wanting to try them in one of my 7mm's but haven't yet. Maybe I'll try some of them in my fireforming loads in my Mashburn. Those should move out at a decent clip. Can't imagine a deer or similar would like them.

SJB358":3mm9xthy said:
I've never heard anything but great things about the bullets on game. I've been wanting to try them in one of my 7mm's but haven't yet. Maybe I'll try some of them in my fireforming loads in my Mashburn. Those should move out at a decent clip. Can't imagine a deer or similar would like them.

72grs. IMR4831 will get you 3500 and shoots great in my Mashburn.

Leslil":1j0n55bv said:
SJB358":1j0n55bv said:

72grs. IMR4831 will get you 3500 and shoots great in my Mashburn.

That sounds like a ripper. Thank you

result from a 120gr NBT started at about 2600 fps. Pancaked it one shot 150 yards frontal, bullet penetrated 3' and exited behind the ribs

398360_541816072499544_1057732312_n.jpg

That's amazing Todd! Can't beat that sorta performance at all. Great picture!

Not bad for a bullet that was originally designed for deer and antelope. These BT continue to amaze me and I've used them for a long time.
Outstanding, moose in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back