7mm Rem mag or RUM?

Rum or Rem

• leave it, 7mm Rem is great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree with the majority of the above......... I also know how hard it is to leave things alone as I'm always tinkering with somehting, trying to change it etc...

You already know the bennies of the 7-mag :) My Dad has had the same Rem 700 BDL 7mag since I was knee high to a grass-hopper. There hasn't been a Mulie or Elk escape that round to present day that has been hit with it....
This was in the mid 90's
1996-Bull.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Develope your loads in the 7MM Remington chamber, you'll like it! It has a rather mild recoil and is adequate for most north-american game. If (then) at some point you just can't stand it any more, chamber it to the STW.

Loaded length of the STW is 3.6", so check the length of the magazine-box first before rechambering your rifle.

The STW will give you about the same velocity as the RUM, while using about 10 grains less powder, which equates to slightly less barrel ware.

All the best,

Keep the Sako unmolested! The 7mm RM and Sako should be a sweet shooting combo with very little load work. I would bet RL22 and the 160gr Accubonds will work well for you too. They shoot very well in both my WBY and M70. The bigger 7's are cool, but really, the mighty 7RM is an awesome rifle. Most of my game taken has been with the old M70 I bought and it is still doing the same thing. Plus, you will save money in powder! Scotty

7Mag- do what you like- but Brass is relatively plentiful if not cheap. In a pinch you can buy the loaded stuff at Walmart, and deer, elk, or goats. will fall with boring regularity. You cant beat it. Lost count of the deer Dad has taken with 130 Grain speer's. All were down for good with one shot. Most were DRT. Lots a powder is impressive for the guy standing next to you on the range but the animals dont know the difference. Most folks cant really handle the recoil of a 7 Mag let alone the bigger guns. IMHO CL

Back