7mm Rem.Mag.Solid base

Leatherbelly

Beginner
Apr 26, 2006
Tried all Brands of bullets in my Krico rifle.All shoot very accuratly but...expansion is the problem with all, except with the old Solid base lead tipped Nosler bullets.I wish I could get my hands on a few hundred of these in 162gr.My rifle likes boat tails and this bullet kills so well in the 7mm Rem.Mag.Anyone out there want to part with some?Maybe Nosler might consider re-manufacturing them in 162gr. :grin: Tried the 160gr. Partition,but got the pencilling effect on all big game(lung shots)HELP!!

Nosler has reintroduced the solid base bullets in 7mm 140 gr and 150 gr.
As for the 160 gr, look no farther than the 160 gr AccuBond. You will get pleanty of expansion and penetration.

The 160 gr AB is very accurate out of my 280AI, 3000 fps and in the .2's.

JD338

Tried the Nosler AccuBond yet? IME no penciling with this bullet and will work from thin skin antelope to heavy skinned moose with good results. If your hunting elk or moose the 160AB should work nicely if your rib puncher. If deer are the main prize either 140 or 160AB will do nicely. I have used the 160's to harvest deer, elk and moose all 1 shot kills with wonderful wound channels produced and close to Partition penetration performance on the heavier stuff. The one 160 AB I found weighed in at 58% of original mass after being punched through a moose at 100 yards broadside, moose made it no more than 20 yards. Very similar to my NP experiences but more soup in the chest cavity. Accuracy average is slightly under 3/4" under 7828, I settled in with average speed in 3050 fps area. I have just started with the 140 AB's and things look very promising at this point.

I have never found a problem personally with parts on the game end, however I have found rifles that did shoot them as well as others. This is the case with my current 7mm rem mag, it isn't horrible but I just expect more.

Largest solid bases I see on my nosler bullet chart are 150gr for .284. Best of luck!!

Thanks for the input,gents.I don't keep up with all the new brands and I am kind of stuck on one gun,one load.Will look at AccuBond.Thanks again.

Back