7mm WSM and 150grn Nosler E-Tip

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I am going to load up some of these, and i have been reading about how they can be hard to get good groups with, looking at the Nosler 7 book it says to load them at an O.A.C.L of 2.820, when the sami max is 2.860, i am going to be using Magpro powder with winchester cases and cci mag primers and will be shooting them out of my Winchester Extreme Weather 7mm WSM, thinking of just loading about 5 rounds each at 69, 71, and 73 grns and seeing which one groups best, what i would like to know is what is a good O.A.C.L to start with it seems to me that what they suggest is pretty short and i have heard that these bullets like a jump off of the lands, which if i am understanding that right means seating the bullet further out of the case. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks: Mick

The 7mm 150 gr E Tip is a great bullet. Best accuracy seems to be at .100" off the lands.
7mm150grE-Tip.jpg

280AI150grE-Tip300.jpg

JD338

The advice JD338 has given is spot on. I do not find the E-Tip to be particularly difficult to load. An E-Tip has given me very good to excellent accuracy in a variety of cartridges.

That 150 ET should be a real hammer in the big 7mm Mag's. I do like how well the ET's open up. Pretty good sized frontal area on that bullet.

I've had good luck with the E-tips in my son's 6mm Remington. It shoots great and it really performs on game and has shown great expansion in the water jugs. So far, including a large cow elk, we have not been able to keep on in an animal.

Try them at 0.100" and at 0.050" like is suggested.
My 7 Rem Mag works at 0.050" getting single hole grouping.

Back