7x57 mauser

quickdeath

Beginner
Oct 4, 2006
hey guys,,,thinking about buying a 7x57 mauser modern firearm.been reading up on them and everyone praises them.in a catagory of 1 to 10 they all say 10.i reload for 8 cartridges already ,all nosler bullets but favor win brass,,,however i would like your thoughts on the accuracy of this cartridge.all opinions are accepted.thank you for your HELP,,,,joe :grin:

I had two of them in Ruger Number 1's. Both were 1 inch shooters. I got rid of one to finance another project. The one I still have is shooting 140 grain Accubonds inside an inch. I have not experimented yet with anything else. I might not even try. Velocity is running at 2800 fps. I am sure I could get more but what's the point.

I am the one who bought lefties other no 1 :lol: It is still shooting 1" goups but likes the 160s & 175s better. I have not had much luck shooting the lighter stuff.........but have not tried to much yet.

I took a doe with it the other day here in PA. So the ol 7x57 still works. A fun round to play with.

Iron Buck, I wish I had a digital camera to show you the 4x5 whitetail I took with that rifle last year in Montana. I used the 160 grain Speer boat tail with that rifle to take a doe and the buck. I do have a picture, maybe I can scan it and get in on the site someday. Lefty.

I have a 7x57 FN commercial made in '52. It is long throated and prefers 150PTs. Using h4350 I've gotten over 2800fps, but came down to 2700 because if I needed more I've got a 280. It shoots the Partitions right around an inch. As far as I'm concerned it is the perfect pig/deer cartridge at least up to 300yds. capt david

got one in cz 550. beautiful rifle with around one inch accuracy, only not with a nosler of any flavor. little recoil. very comfortable to shoot. it was mentioned by someone else, and mine too is long throated, but seems to like hornady 139 bt, and speer 145 bt.

hey all,,,,i appreciate your comments,,,,,,especially mike's ,,,,,thank you for all of your replies,,,,i think i'm going for it,,,,,HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THAT ANSWERED ,,,,,,AND THE SAME TO THE PEOPLE THAT READ,,,,GOD LOVE YOU,,,,,,,,thanks,,,,,joe

Wonderful cartridge!

My Ruger R77 and #1 were both under an inch... The round was a deadly German Sniper rifle round... and killed over 100 Elephants by Kararmojo Bell in Africal

Mine both loved 140gr solid base Noslers with about 50-51 gr of powder...cant remember the type.

I killed six bucks in consecutive years with the R77 bolt...all "bang flop".

I like it, good cartridge.
Here is the accuracy part. Hornady bullets
DSCN5327.jpg

Here is the rifle part.
DSCN5322.jpg

Back