9.3 250AB

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Here's the 250 AB outta my 9.3X62. I put in the jugs at 15 yards I'm taking a guess on velocity at 2500 according to QL estimates. I caught it in the 6th jug but it did cut the 7th. At its narrowest it measured .606" and max was .676" it weighed 195.8 gr for 78.32% retention.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
Very impressive, Jake. I'd reckon it'll work on a big bear. It will comfort you when it comes to crunch time.

That has got to be the best all around bullet available for the 9.3's. I would hunt anything in the world with that bullet and be confident other than elephant or rhino.

Looks like perfect performance.
Nice work Jake.

JD338

I have to say that I keep testing other bullets (and that is a lot of fun for me); but the 250 AB out of my 9.3X64 is about ideal for anything I might ever encounter, right up to T-Rex (okay, Ogopogo?).

I shoot both the 250 AB and the 286 Partition in my 9.3x74R. The 250 AB is enough for anything that I am ever going to hunt. The 286 gr would maybe be better on Buffalo or giant bears, white or brown. I have a good starting load for the 286 PT and will start on the 250 AB next.

Very impressive Jake. Those big Accubonds are a totally different animal in my opinion. The 225's from the .358's and larger seem to be very serious big game bullets. 6 and almost 7 jugs is big penetration in my book. I sorta think that anything over 5 is a pretty solid sorta elk/moose bullet.

Awesome stuff!

Back in zee alt dayz, zee 9.3 was to kill buffalo and elephant in Deusch Vest Afrikans. Before the old British empire countries passed the .375 minimum law. The 9.3 killed about anything. I think that the 325 grain solid at 2100 would kill buff and elephant without drama.

Yeah good article on Norma's site "Cartridge of the Month" I'll see if I can find it and post it.

SJB358":16e7h0cj said:
Very impressive Jake. Those big Accubonds are a totally different animal in my opinion. The 225's from the .358's and larger seem to be very serious big game bullets. 6 and almost 7 jugs is big penetration in my book. I sorta think that anything over 5 is a pretty solid sorta elk/moose bullet.

Awesome stuff!

Yep the Accubonds from the 35 cal 225 gr on up are definitely built tougher, as you guys know they are my favorites for those calibers.

Nosler has really gotten it together on the larger caliber Accubonds. I was concerned at first about the 250 AccuBond .338 in my .340 but it seems to be a tough bullet?

nvbroncrider":347kl1jd said:
Yeah I was totally impressed especially when the groups are bug holes.
Jake. I'm really impressed with what JES is turning out and chomping at the bit to send him my M70 CRF in 30-06 for a rebore. But want to stick to a 338-06 AI or 35 whelen with a faster twist. Just can't pull the trigger on which one.

truck driver":3o17j0w7 said:
nvbroncrider":3o17j0w7 said:
Jake. I'm really impressed with what JES is turning out and chomping at the bit to send him my M70 CRF in 30-06 for a rebore. But want to stick to a 338-06 AI or 35 whelen with a faster twist. Just can't pull the trigger on which one.

Do you want us to make the choice for you, Rodger? Because we are certainly able to do so. :grin:

DrMike":147e953a said:
truck driver":147e953a said:
nvbroncrider":147e953a said:

Do you want us to make the choice for you, Rodger? Because we are certainly able to do so. :grin:

Done!! 35 Whelen!!

541-942-1342

That would work just fine, Rodger. A fourteen twist will actually work, but a twelve twist ensures that you can handle the heavy stuff if you so desire.

Back