A personal tragedy

Sorry for your loss is all I can offer. I know it will do little to ease the pain, but I will be thinking of you and your family.

Wow, I'm very sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you Brain. Your son Cary like many others talk themselves into this is the only way out of what is so painful. I lost my brother to suicide when I 29 less than two years after my Father passed away.

I just had a dear friend attempt suicide last night after leaving my home. She lost her dog after 15.5 years two weeks ago, her mother is sick with COVID and has pneumonia. The sorrow becomes so great that living seems too painful to bear.

It's never easy for the living either after their loss, which that too saddens my heart. Your Son was a good person, handsome, and very smart, in the end nothing can take that away from you. I hope one day you find some Peace with that soon enough.

Thank you to all who have responded. The last few weeks have been extremely difficult, particularly for my wife. She is really struggling with her grief, and somehow there has to be a reason and the will to go on with life. She has not been able to reach that point yet.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Brian

In prayers. I like your idea about helping others at UK in honor of your son. Depression is a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sad to hear of your loss, bdbrown66. You are doing the right thing, and I hope you are alright and will help more people with your social activities. Unfortunately, the last years were tough for us, and many people today feel alone and have depression. It is important that exist organizations like yours that help people to go through difficult situations. When my friend had a problem with drug addiction, we also approached the professional service fherehab.com which helped him with specialized treatment and getting his life back under control.

Last edited:
I wish I possessed the words to express what weighs on my heart. You have my deepest sympathies.

Thank you, all. We just passed the 2-year anniversary. A lot of healing has happened over these two years, and we are in a much better place now. You never "get over" something like this, you just get thru it. A lot of prayers, love, and support has helped us get thru it.

I'm very open about what we've been thru. If anyone needs to talk, please feel free to reach out.

Brian

Thank you, all. We just passed the 2-year anniversary. A lot of healing has happened over these two years, and we are in a much better place now. You never "get over" something like this, you just get thru it. A lot of prayers, love, and support has helped us get thru it.

I'm very open about what we've been thru. If anyone needs to talk, please feel free to reach out.

Brian
So glad that you're in a "much better place." That's good.

Guy

I’ve been slow to respond to this because it hits very close to home.

I almost took the same route at what I thought was a dark time in my life. My heart hurts for you because it’s the ultimate tragedy.

If you ever need an ear feel free to PM me and I’ll give you my number.

Vince

This is so sad to hear, and I have heard it more and more often lately. I have an unquestioned faith in a God who is my savior, and this is my solace in the pains of life. When I hear about this though, it makes me burn with a passion to lift my loved ones up in any way I can and make certain as humanly possible that they have that faith in Christ as well. I want to know that we will see each other again. My prayers for you.

Back