ABLR

That’s a good question…. Getting my case drilled and threaded today!

Is the jacket material used on ABLR softer than what is used on BT/AB?
I know it’s a new barrel but I’m still getting a good bit of copper, now. And I’m cleaning every 10 after starting out at 1-3 shot intervals. new territory for me with this bullet, so I’m full of questions here. Thank you again for the answers!
Great questions. Yes, ABLR is much softer than BT/AB...it's actually a different jacket material, as BT/AB use a copper/alloy jacket. You will some copper build up, especially if the barrel is new and/or not hand lapped. However, I have noticed the ABLR like a copper fouled better than a pristine clean one.

Great info! I assume Bartlein hand laps. I’ve put about 60 through It now, might have to let it get a layer.
It WONT be difficult.
it gets clean quickly with Boretech.

Great info! I assume Bartlein hand laps. I’ve put about 60 through It now, might have to let it get a layer.
It WONT be difficult.
it gets clean quickly with Boretech.
Bartlein is currently one of the best barrels out there. Their cut 5R rifling is great and definitely hand lapped. Happy shooting!

If I try the 150gr .264 that’s good to know. potentially keeps more case space for powder.

What is the most common cure for these 2 tight/1 flyer groups?
move bullet in or out?
im using 142gr ABLR

nevermind I got it solved.

Last edited:
I ran out of patience and swapped to the 153.5 Berger, it’s the bullet I had in mind when I built the gun.
I’ve got a good supply. Still FF’ing brass but I wanted to start playing with seating depth on it anyhow.
after sighting in at 100, these are my first 2 groups at 300yds. Measly 2780 fps average but got 11 ES over the 6 shots. Identical load but had a crosswind of 7-12. Can’t wait to add about 300-400fps!

Attachments

• IMG_6989.jpeg
    IMG_6989.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6993.jpeg
    IMG_6993.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 7
I've been hit or miss with making them shoot. When they shoot well, they shoot really well!

My best loads are around the .075" from the lands and they hammer there.

Back