Accubonds do it again!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Well went shooting with my buddies yesterday.

I bought a Browning A-bolt in 7mm WSM last week-As new in box. Great price~ for a song!
Anyway I loaded up a couple loads with the 160 AB's with RL 25.
Load 1: .65" at 100 yds at 2965 fps
Load 2: .546" at 100 yds at 3010 fps

These loads were 1 grain apart.

It was snowing and very very cold (30's tops).

Love these slugs.

I don't doubt it one bit. Shooting these Accubonds out of my 280 is like a dream come true. Granted Partitions and B.T's shoot good for me too, but with some H-4831 and the Accubonds 140's I have never shot so well.

Long

23 inches. Composite Stalker. It is in fact a great load because at slower speeds (ie cold weather) it shoots in the .6" and at higher speeds in the .5's. One can settle in the middle load and be covered on all weather types.

Pop,

Sounds like you have a real shooter. What do you plan to use the 160 gr AB for?

I am waiting on my M700 being rebarreled to 280 Rem AI w/ a 24" Hart #5 Flutted barrel. The action will be blueprinted as well.
I plan on developing a load w/ the 160 gr AB for deer, goat, and caribou.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

JD338

long,

Rob Cranes of Williams Gun Sight in Davison, MI (800 530 9028) does excellent work.
I am expecting a real shooter from him that will do well under .5 MOA.

My plan is to use the 160 gr AB but the rifle will have to make the decision!

Regards,

JD338

JD:

Actually this will be my humping rifle due to the light weight. Basically its use will be dictated by the terrain more than the game animal. Now that said I have used the 416 WBY for antelope :shock: :twisted: soooooo, this will get blooded on anything I get a chance to shoot.

You the man Pop!

Sounds like you should be able to exercise some 160 gr ABs this fall.

Regards,

JD338

Yup

2 elk tags, 1 deer and 3 antelope. Something ought to get hit! :wink:

BTW this is the antelope with the 416 WBY bagged at 452 yds. 330 gr GS Custom bullet at 3100 fps.

416doe.jpg

Back