Air Tech Recoil Pad

Yeah, ya can't really trust the MFG 'told ya it would fit'. Go to the templates, there's just too much variance in the manufacturing process. But still...

I just got back from the range about 2 hrs ago, having tapped off almost 80 rds of 7mm/08 & 308 Win, and my shoulder shows absolutely No signs that I shot at all. I could have never said that, with even 30, before I installed that pad.

Just 'My' experience...............

Anybody interested in purchasing a used airtech recoil pad (Pictured above) Off my Mossberg 500? Shot a less than 10 times last year and then spent the year in the safe. Decided I need to shorten the stock and the airtechs are not grindable. 30 bucks? CL

Well, it's been awhile since I 1st posted this and back then I told y'all I was going to buy a couple more for some other rifles of mine. I did.

Ruger 96 44Mag: Light, light little rifle that plain just hurt to shoot for more than a few rounds, because of the rounded metal butplate. Took a saw to it, squared it off and found a pad that was as close as I could. Sanded it down a tad. REMARKABLE !

Rem 600 308Win: This one has also been a brutal kicker, as well as being Loud as He!!, but I finally got it to shoot sub MOA's after many many many trials & errors. Not as remarkable a difference as the M96, but it's not a 7Mag recoil anymore either. More like a 30/30.

I'll be the first one to admit that the Ruger M77's and M77 MKII's, and Hawkeye rifles have horrible stock designs and equally horrible butt pads.
I used to own an M77 in .300 Win Mag, and it was a monster to fire and feel the recoil. The stock was designed wrong, and that thing hurt.
Now, when I later got a Weatherby Vanguard synthetic in .300 Bee, it wasn't exactly pleasant to fire, but the felt recoil was a lot less due to a much better designed Monte Carlo stock, with a cheek rest. I could shoot that Bee all day. Unlike my Ruger M77, which i would put down after the third shot.
Hoo-Ah for much better butt pads!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Back