Alaska Delay

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Better late than never but I had to postpone my flight to Anchorage until June 21due to Alaska no longer issuing temporary nursing licenses while waiting to get your permanent license.

I changed my barge, hotel, and flight reservations. This should put me in Alaska about the same time as my license being issued. Got a friend picking me up at the airport in Anchorage still. 👍🏻

Also had to change my veterinarian reservation for Brandy as the health certificate is only valid for ten days after examination. Getting fingerprinted on Wednesday and mailing Alaska a money order for my license. They typically take thirty days.

Brandy is ready to be gone. 🙂

Vince

Attachments

• 3D1D0391-C8B0-4305-A584-586C7C61EB1A.jpeg
    3D1D0391-C8B0-4305-A584-586C7C61EB1A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Better late than never but I had to postpone my flight to Anchorage until June 21due to Alaska no longer issuing temporary nursing licenses while waiting to get your permanent license.

I changed my barge, hotel, and flight reservations. This should put me in Alaska about the same time as my license being issued. Got a friend picking me up at the airport in Anchorage still. 👍🏻

Also had to change my veterinarian reservation for Brandy as the health certificate is only valid for ten days after examination. Getting fingerprinted on Wednesday and mailing Alaska a money order for my license. They typically take thirty days.

Brandy is ready to be gone. 🙂

Vince
I don't know but Brandy is staring you down ! Lol

Since Alaska is moving at a pace more akin to glaciers than a bureaucracy I moved my travel date once again.

Looks like I’ll be flying out of Seattle during the third week of August. I guess I’m supposed to stay one more infernal summer in this desert heat that I so dislike.

Also had to redo my fingerprint cards. 🙁

It will be here before you know I Vince.
Enjoy the heat while you can.

JD338

Looks like I’ll be flying out of Seattle during the third week of August. I guess I’m supposed to stay one more infernal summer in this desert heat that I so dislike.
Builds character I guess.

And today I learned to tune my guitar and my first chord.

Em, E minor, no relation to G minor, to my knowledge, was my first chord. So I’m plucking and strumming.

Look out gang the solo from Stairway To Heaven will be next. 😂 Got a Johnny Cash Songbook coming. I want to learn two songs. Cocaine Blues and I Walk The Line. Those are my two favorite songs.

It’s a cheap guitar that I can afford to lose but I’ve always wanted to learn to play the guitar. I’m tone deaf, hard of hearing enough to need hearing aids, and can’t carry a tune in a bucket. Look out Nashville here I come. 😁🤣

I don’t even begin to think I’ll ever be a musician it’s just a personal goal thing that I become decent enough to play around a campfire to entertain myself. Somebody else can warble to the animals.

Vince

Well, if you don't "Get Rhythm", you're going to be playing "Folsom Prison Blues" while waiting on "Riders in the Sky" to take you on down to the "Ring of Fire"! :cool:

And even if you can't carry a tune, perhaps the wolves howling will make up for it at night by that campfire...not to mention keeping the bears away!!! :devilish:

Well, if you don't "Get Rhythm", you're going to be playing "Folsom Prison Blues" while waiting on "Riders in the Sky" to take you on down to the "Ring of Fire"! :cool:

And even if you can't carry a tune, perhaps the wolves howling will make up for it at night by that campfire...not to mention keeping the bears away!!! :devilish:
I wanted to ride the “Train Of Love” but ended up saying “Hey Porter” and got on the “Blue Train” to “Jackson”. “There You Go” that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Back