Am I the only one who can't wait to see if I drew any hunts?

Well after getting caught up here it's clear I need to be doing a better job of applying for hunts in other states. I will hunt elk in Oregon, and deer in Washington with some of my cop buddies. I'll also guide an unknown number of cow hunts on the ranch, six so far, but that's not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get some more mileage out of that 338 Jarrett. You only live once, might as well make the most of it.

IdahoCTD":xjpbr9as said:
It was all over the elk Mike.

I do know that mites can be quite the pestilence for animals. We don't see many mite infestations, but tick infestations of the moose can be horrible. Once you've seen a "ghost moose," you pity the poor creature, knowing that it will shortly die a horrible death. I have seen quite a few moose with numerous warts (papillomavirus, I should imagine). It doesn't affect the meat, however.

It was probably mites. When I was cutting it up I had things crawling on me that looked like a cross between a spider and a tick. After I Googled a picture of a mite that is what they looked like. Glad I took a shower after that. Those things drove me crazy. I can't imagine having them on me all the time.

I got drawn for bull moose and cow elk for this year !! We have 4 moose tags in our camp for this year!!

The "Trophy Full Curl" Bighorn sheep will have to wait one more year so my knee can be fully healed up from surgery plus I am too out of shape...lol FAT with a "PH" lol. I am a priority 14 in the zone. I believe only 2-3 tags a year given for the sheep. Start dreaming for this next year.

Trust you enjoy great success on the moose hunt! Looking forward to the sheep hunt next year. Oh, yeah, it helps to have the knees working well for that hunt.

I picked up a Iowa Resident Muzzle loader Whitetail Deer license. This will be my first Muzzle loader hunt. Now the question just bag a Deer Buck or Doe or hold out for a Trophy ? I really just wanted more time in the woods.

Back