Am I the only one who can't wait to see if I drew any hunts?

Now, if I can just see one that looks like that. Lovely animal. I always say, "If you see something beautiful, shoot it and mount it."

I didn't get drawn for elk or antelope so I'm waiting to see if I drew a deer, sheep, or bison tag.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy and I got drawn for cow elk in UT. That will make 3 elk tags this year for me. So now I just have to wait to see what happens in the AZ deer drawing. The odds of drawing it are over 90% so it will probably be 4 deer tags this year for me plus the doe antelope tag I drew for. I'm excited, 8 big game animals plus ducks could make for a very busy fall.

IdahoCTD":lon15eg9 said:
My buddy and I got drawn for cow elk in UT. That will make 3 elk tags this year for me. So now I just have to wait to see what happens in the AZ deer drawing. The odds of drawing it are over 90% so it will probably be 4 deer tags this year for me plus the doe antelope tag I drew for. I'm excited, 8 big game animals plus ducks could make for a very busy fall.

8 big game animals, that is awesome. What a great way to try different calibers or bullets.

IdahoCTD":4aja18mc said:

That is great! (y) Congratulations. It is good to be challenged with so many opportunities.

We both will have 8 each so there will be some bullet testing done. 215 Bergers out of 300wsm and 300wm's will probably account for most of it but I'll have my 7-338 Norma Imp (with 195 Bergers) and my 6.5x68 Imp done before most of the hunts take place so either of those could be called into action too. The wife will use my 6.5x47L or maybe a 6.5 Creedmoor to test bullets (most likely 140 Bergers, 140 Amax's, or 143 ELD-X's) on her cow moose and a cow elk.

I'll probably be a regular customer in the 2016 big game picture thread.

The UT cow elk hunt is Dec. 17 to Jan 31st so we have a lot of time to figure it out. In 2014 it was 70% success with a average of 1 day hunted. It doesn't sound too hard but we'll see.

DrMike, that 358 will lay the smack down on anything you pull the trigger on (y)! That is one beautiful rifle. When you sold me the Leuy what did you end up placing on top of her for glass?

Blessings,
Dan

That is one beautiful scope (y). Hmmmm one question a 50mm objective :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Congrats to you all with all those tags.

Mike, I can't wait to see hear and see you pound something with your 8x68 and 358. Both are big hammers.

SJB358":131ldg65 said:
Congrats to you all with all those tags.

Mike, I can't wait to see hear and see you pound something with your 8x68 and 358. Both are big hammers.

Scotty,

I will do my best to tag some game in a couple of months with some of the newer rifles that have fallen into my possession. (y)

What sorta loads do you have for those 2 Mike?

Both of them are some cool customers.

At this point, the 8X68 is launching a 200 grain A-Frame at ~3000 fps and yielding 0.5 MOA. The .358 NM is shooting just sub-MOA with either a 250 grain A-Frame at ~2800 fps or a 280 grain A-Frame at ~2700 fps. I want to do some more work with either of these. I'm comfortable carrying either for grizzly, but I have done some preliminary work with a 180 grain E-Tip on the 8X68 and with the 200 grain TSX on the 358. Both of these were very promising. Things were put on hold during our floods and I haven't had opportunity to get back to them yet.

Our draw results are out and once again I came up short.
Getting frustrating to say the least, 7 year wait now going on 8 for a muley buck tag in the zone I like. And my bull moose is now at least been 6 years maybe more of waiting..
I did manage a late season deer tag on the camp wainwright army base , I have never hunted it before so that will be new expierence.
Hoping to stick an arrow in an over the counter elk tag

Hate to hear that, Supe! Trust you manage to get an opportunity on an elk.

Sup7 sorry to hear that you did not draw that Moose or Muley tag again this year. I waited 7 years for my Moose tag but only was able to draw a Cow,I am still happy because I am almost right out of wild game now :cry:. Also was 5 years on a Muley buck tag.
If I remember right did you not stick a young bull Elk last year with your bow?

Blessings,
Dan

Well my credit card got hit for our Coues deer tags in AZ. So it looks like ID for 2 buck tags and a doe tag, plus 2 bull tags and a doe antelope tag, UT for cow elk, and AZ for Coues deer.

Well I struck out on deer again in Arizona, I've been applying for 31 years. With 18 bonus points I thought I would draw the Kibab east late hunt. I guess with only 3 possible non resident tags I did not draw a low enough number. I was hoping to go from my area 7 Wyoming elk hunt to Arizona, well maybe next year if I'm still alive.

Back