Am I the only one who can't wait to see if I drew any hunts?

Tags arrived in the mail! It's one thing to see the results online, and terrific to have tags in hand!

Late season cow elk in Washington. Mule deer & pronghorn in Wyoming!

First up though is black bear here in Washington. OTC tag for that.

Well I have been blessed this fall as I just found out this evening that we were drawn for Prairie Goats :mrgreen:. So we have Moose, Mulie & Goats this fall plus regular Elk & Whitetail. My wife & I are leaving on August 5th, heading up to visit DrMike & Linda,then on to do some fishing with gerry & his lovely wife Marie.
Well up with gerry he has ask to go spotting for Mountain goats with him & a buddy of his!! I sure hope I don't slow them down too badly :oops:.

Blessings,
Dan

An antelope will be the perfect first animal for your 280 AI Dan, congratulations. I wouldn't worry too much about slowing us down on a goat hunt, I'm sure you will do fine. I'm sure there are some salmon waiting for you as well :)

sask boy":9lf8bo20 said:
Well I have been blessed this fall as I just found out this evening that we were drawn for Prairie Goats :mrgreen:. So we have Moose, Mulie & Goats this fall plus regular Elk & Whitetail. Plus my wife & I are leaving August 5th, heading up to visit DrMike & Linda,then on to do some fishing with gerry & his lovely wife Marie.
Well up with gerry he has ask to to go spotting for Mountain goats with him & a buddy of his!! I sure hope I don't slow them down too badly :oops:.

Blessings,
Dan

Looks like your going to have a busy and adventurous fall ..
Good luck !

Thank you for all the well wishes, I am sure looking forward to this next 5 months. My wife advised me last night that she really is going to be the Hunting Widow this fall. I advised her that I would make arrangements for her to come along on our Elk hunt as I will not be going up for the full 2 weeks. Our Moose hunt is at my Nephew's place and will likely be a weekend hunt so I am sure she will be there with us for that as well.

Blessings to all that will be on the land harvesting the bounty that our Lord has provided us (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I got my results.[emoji53]

Looks like all I'm hunting is OTC Bear this Fall. Didn't draw elk or antelope earlier this year and just found out I didn't draw deer, sheep, or bison.
What a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ does have some OTC elk and leftover tags I believe Vince. You might look into that otherwise your going out of state it sounds like.

Can't afford to go out of state this year.
At least I live in Paradise.[emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received another bit of good news last night. I was advised that because there were so few tags allowed for Antelope only a 140 for the whole province. That we are allowed to hunt all 4 Antelope zones in the province and that will cut our travel time by more than 1/2 and also can hunt in zone 9 which I know quite well.
Giving thanks for all of his provisions :)!

Blessings,
Dan

Well I received a email I was successful drew a South Dakota West River Deer and with a additional doe tag. This will also be a hunt where I get to sleep in a Cabin this year instead of a tent. Don't know if I like that but it will be fun.

Congratulations on drawing the tags, I hope that there will be photos and a good story attached :wink:. I am sure getting excited as it is only about 6 weeks away until Elk for me and this coming Friday I am leaving on a BC trip to see good friends and doing a little fishing!!
Thank you for posting (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I'm bummed out today...I was "unsuccessful" for all my draws! I am going to keep an eye out for some late season cow elk opps though, sometimes landowners advertise unsold permits/tags. Living here in Utah, its a major trip for me just to go somewhere and shoot a hog! ha

Well the killing has begun. My wife and dad shot cows Monday morning about 6:30am. This one had a bit of what looks like mange. The local wildlife lab said it should be OK. It might just be mites or something similar.

Attachments

• Krystals Elk.jpg
    Krystals Elk.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 1,140
Congratulations to your lady. Actually, the picture of the elk doesn't look too bad. Was the hide rubbed primarily on the sides?

Back