And So It Begins...

Yeah, but Dan is on the road today; I can slag him all day long and he can't defend himself. Those COs will tell him a falsehood just to get his money. He has no idea how much a "lefty only" tag is going to cost.

DrMike":29jgprg3 said:
Yeah, but Dan is on the road today; I can slag him all day long and he can't defend himself. Those COs will tell him a falsehood just to get his money. He has no idea how much a "lefty only" tag is going to cost.

I like the way you roll! I wished I could be there!

SJB358":28cwf3pj said:
DrMike":28cwf3pj said:

Come on up, Scotty. Any time.

DrMike":1qus0ozj said:
SJB358":1qus0ozj said:
DrMike":1qus0ozj said:

Come on up, Scotty. Any time.

Soon buddy. I can't wait to point my Ram to the NW and set the cruise.

DrMike,
You read the regulations all wrong. The regulations actually say that the rifle twist rate shall be counter clockwise and progressive! :shock: Come to think of it, the three stooges should have an attorney or paralegal to keep them on the right side of the law! As a paralegal, I would be more than willing to provide my services free of charge :idea:
Keith

Wis65x55":1iokc8gl said:
DrMike,
You read the regulations all wrong. The regulations actually say that the rifle twist rate shall be counter clockwise and progressive! :shock: Come to think of it, the three stooges should have an attorney or paralegal to keep them on the right side of the law! As a paralegal, I would be more than willing to provide my services free of charge :idea:
Keith

So generous, Keith. That is what always leaves me in awe on this site--there are so many generous people. Some willing to spend other's money! Some willing to shoot a new rifle that another just received! Others willing to accompany others on a hunt! I am overwhelmed by such generosity. :mrgreen:

Keith, you're always welcome to come on up. I'm sure we will have a lot of laughs and fun. This hunt will be great, I do believe.

Heading out in a couple of hours, will check in again in early September........

See you when you get here, Gerry. We saw only the tail end of a couple of moose this morning. However, we have some great territory.

Good hunting fellas! Can't wait to hear about the story of the hunt. Wish you all a lot of elk!

We spent the morning yesterday exploring some areas I hadn't visited for a couple of years. I only saw the rear end of a couple of moose disappearing into the bush, but there was ample evidence of game. We did find some evidence of major predators. I made Noah identify the scat from several animals, the most significant of which was wolf scat (from several individuals), grizzly scat and black bear scat. He is getting quite good at his field craft. Now, to get him into position to tag his moose. He is also eager to drop a black bear. Dan was impressed by the area, though we didn't actually go into the mountains, settling for the foothills.

Great report buddy. Sounds like good hunting. Hopefully you all close with bullwinkle soon.

Is Noah hunting with his 260 this fall?

DrMike":22f6biut said:
Feeling bad for Dan, Scotty. He may have to watch me while I hunt. 'Course, that can be pretty exciting in its own right. :? I do face plants and play like a tortoise while trying to walk down forest paths. Poor boy.

Having been witness to some of these moments, and having had to assist the "bumbling" Dr out of some of the aforementioned predicaments, I can assure the readers here that Dan and Gerry are due to some memorable hunts in the coming days as they venture afield with Mike!

Be prepared for glimpses of brilliance, accompanied by bouts of laughter, tears and sore ribs from the laughter and "ribbing" that will make up the greater portion of your hunting days! As always, a day afield with Mike is an adventure in itself.

Good Luck Gentlemen, and hopefully I will make it over to accompany you on a couple of outings.

DrMike":3hiecq32 said:
Oh, Wow, Dan! Newsflash! Our left leaning provincial government is feeling the heat because of their leaning to the left. Consequently, they are trying to deal with the issue on the backs on left-handed hunters. No left-handed rifles are allowed on moose hunts this year! The premier wants to avoid looking as if she is leaning leftward. You will have to leave both of your rifles home if you still want to hunt. Don't worry, I've got you covered with some proper firearms. Man, I hate to break this to you. Let me know what you want to do.

This only goes to show that there only so many of us out there that are truly in our "right" minds! :wink:

Mike has been jealous of some of the "correct" rifles that I have taken afield with him over the years...and even put a few Remingtons in his safe to make up for this. And as already mentioned, there is a lefty residing in the good Dr.'s safe, and he paid for it...but just roll your eyes when he claims that it is not his rifle, and that he purchased it for his grandson...excuses, excuses Mike!!! :lol:

As for the premier...well we'll just say that she is a politician and leave it at that.

Well I finally got to carry a rifle this morning (y)!!
We saw 3 Moose this morning, 2 calves and a cow. We need to see horns on this hunt :wink:!!
PS. Having a great time both gerry & DrMike they are top shelf :mrgreen:!!

Blessings,
Dan

Good interim reports gentleman.
I eagerly await a full report at the conclusion of your escapade. :)
Best of luck.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back