And Traditional

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Not to worry - we also got a set of Boyds XX walnut stocks for the Marlin 1895. :) I didn't remember that Boyds made nice walnut stocks, and maple too! The Marlin stocks took more fitting. Both the buttstock and the fore-end required additional inletting. It's not exhibition grade walnut, just nice. My 45-70 Marlin was built in the Remington years. It's always shot well. Accurate and reliable. BUT the buttstock and the fore end didn't match. The buttstock was almost homely with a flat finish and uninspiring grain. Well... Boyds fixed that! I also ordered it with a Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad - nice when I load my ammo on the warm side. The fore end is much slimmer than the factory one was on my rifle. I like the feel of it. More photos and video coming out in a few weeks:

mLvwkS1h.jpg

Wu3veLgh.jpg

Rifle has a 2.5x Leupold in QR rings and a Skinner barrel-mount peep sight as well as Skinner's "Bear Buster" front sight. I should have it set up with a very bright light soon too.

So, thought I'd get your attention with the wild looking Bergara Bumblebee, then sooth things with the nice walnut on the Marlin.

Guy

Not to worry - we also got a set of Boyds XX walnut stocks for the Marlin 1895. :) I didn't remember that Boyds made nice walnut stocks, and maple too! The Marlin stocks took more fitting. Both the buttstock and the fore-end required additional inletting. It's not exhibition grade walnut, just nice. My 45-70 Marlin was built in the Remington years. It's always shot well. Accurate and reliable. BUT the buttstock and the fore end didn't match. The buttstock was almost homely with a flat finish and uninspiring grain. Well... Boyds fixed that! I also ordered it with a Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad - nice when I load my ammo on the warm side. The fore end is much slimmer than the factory one was on my rifle. I like the feel of it. More photos and video coming out in a few weeks:

mLvwkS1h.jpg

Wu3veLgh.jpg

Rifle has a 2.5x Leupold in QR rings and a Skinner barrel-mount peep sight as well as Skinner's "Bear Buster" front sight. I should have it set up with a very bright light soon too.

So, thought I'd get your attention with the wild looking Bergara Bumblebee, then sooth things with the nice walnut on the Marlin.

Guy
Holy smokes Guy. The wood looks great on your 1895! The Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad is a nice addition. I put one on my 1895 Guide and it turned those wild loads into a big shove.

JD338

Nice stock and upgrade. I like it and the recoil pad. Been thinking of adding same pad on my 336 35Rem. Not because of the recoil just that someone put a red vented pad on it and it's not the best-looking thing. Dan.

That is just fantastic! Really nice, pretty Walnut, that you can still hunt with. What a nice upgrade! CL

Back