Another satisfying afternoon.

DrMike":num7mgxx said:
We are all pulling for you. Give us a report when you finish.

Thanks DrMike. I'm just gonna have fun no matter what. I'll post the result here, good or bad.

That sounds like a good time. Can't wait to hear how that big 338 does! I have a case of rifle envy whenever I see any of your pictures up. That is a sweet rig. Scotty

Well, I didn't do well. On the other hand, I didn't do bad either. Anyway, it's fun and I'm planning to compete more often. I scored 181 out of possible 200 points. Lot's of good shooter there today and it's jammed pack. We had to run 5 stages of 10 shooters each to get everyone to shoot. I ended up using the 338 Lapua instead of the 308 because the wind condition was gusty and unpredictable. Overall, a great fun full day.

Here are some pictures of the shoot.

Palmdaleshoot004.jpg

Palmdaleshoot012.jpg

Palmdaleshoot007.jpg

Palmdaleshoot009.jpg

Palmdaleshoot002.jpg

DF,

It sounds like a great day! Compared to my potential score, I don't think you did badly at all. It does look like a ton of fun, though. Hope to hear of more shoots that you participate in.

Great shooting df. I'm sure you had a blast and if you keep at it, your scores will improve. I think you did great on your first shoot. :grin: :grin:

nodak7mm":2jxq9jc8 said:
Way to go DF and thanks for the pix, I am envious..

Rod

Rod, It's a blast. I'm hooked, and already anticipate the next shoot.

GB300wm":2dtlpniq said:
Great shooting df. I'm sure you had a blast and if you keep at it, your scores will improve. I think you did great on your first shoot. :grin: :grin:

Thanks GB. I did have a good time. I was a little intimidated at first but after I shot the first 5 sighter, I was able to relaxed a bit. It's a good learning experience for me and I know I'll just get better.

beretzs":3459uand said:
Awesome pictures DF. Looks like it was a great time. Scotty

Thanks Scotty. It was indeed a great time. I'm looking forward to do it more often. I love the display of camaraderie among the shooters, most of whom I never met and don't even know their names. Experienced shooters helping newbees, friend helping friend, husband helping wives and boyfriend helping girlfriend. We have a guy shooting a 50 BMG while helping a friend shooting a 308 Remington with an $89 Centerpoint K-Mart special scope. The poor thing didn't even have enough elevation to get to 500 yards, let alone 1000. But with everyones help, he was able to use the Mil-dot and was able to get to 1K. Never heard anyone rediculing this fellow. Instead, everyone was offering help. Now ain't that something!

DF

Thats the way it should be. That kind of initiative would make this world a better place on and off the range.

JD338

Heck yeah, that is what shooting and hunting are all about. Hunters/shooters assisting each other to better our sport. Scotty

Whilst I have met a few dolts, generally the knowledgeable shooters and hunters I've been privileged to know are not only willing, but eager, to help those who are just starting. It is difficult to imagine a finer group of people than sportsmen who are passionate about the sport.

DrMike, you hit the nail right on the head.
In over 40 years of hunting and fishing I can count on one hand how many people I have met that were not real good people. I think it has something to do with the out doors and respect.

Blessings,
Dan :)

Most folks that like to be outside and hunt are pretty good folks. You meet a few inbetweens who are more of a road hunters than actual hunters, and those are the folks we need to watch out for! Scotty

Man lot's of interest. All the slot was filled quickly for the Memorial Day weekend shoot, but I'm in!

Darn it! never got a chance to practice either. Been busy working. After this shoot, I'll have the 7WSM barrel put on and practice with it. The lure of the 180 Berger is irresistible.

Back