Another season in the books and more deer down!

DeerTracker

Handloader
Nov 19, 2010
This evening I only had an hour to go out and try to fill my remaining 3 whitetail doe tags before the season was over...Nothing real exciting and my shooting was sub par. Lets just say I will be practicing way more off of shooting sticks before next season and I wasnt real impressed with the 150gr Federal Powershoks. They will be saved for paper, rocks, and steel and a load will be worked up with better bullets before next season. These were my first 3 deer killed with my new to me Limited Edition Featherweight 30-06 and my first kills with a 30-06 period! Im going to love this rifle!

DSCN6100.jpg

DSCN6103.jpg

Very nice, DT. Again, that is a very handsome rifle. It certainly looks at home lying atop those three does. Congratulations.

WT, I would say you had a very successful WT season. Once u get a load worked up for the 06 it will be fine:)

Blessings,
Dan

Looks like real good wood on that rifle. Very good job on filling the tags. It doesn't always go as planed, but you got her done.

Great looking rifle DT! That is one awesome looking pile of deer! Congrats buddy!

That's the way to fill a freezer! Glad you were able to bloody that fine rifle this year.

A friend of mine shoots 130gr Power-Shoks in a .270Win and he loves them. They do shoot very accurate in his rifle and they blow up WTs. They would not be my choice for anything where penetratio0n or sturdiness is needed. I've found that Federal makes the most accurate and uniform ammo of all the mainstream manufacturers. I'm not a fan of federal brass though.

Freezer's 'bout full huh? :) Fact is That is a pretty rifle....OM Goodness! Im with you...no more shooting off the bench (OK Mostly....) Obviously you arent too far off... CL

Looks like everything went well to me? Deer on the ground, great looking rifle. What could be wrong. I hate to be repetitive but if you don't like those bullets switch to the Partition. None better for me and I have been testing them for 50 years.

All look beautiful to me! Rifle, Kills, and good healthy animals! Here in IN, triples are quite rare. Ive pulled that just once.

Excellent hunt!
God Bless

DT,

Nice work. Way to wack 'em and stack 'em.

JD338

Back