OH and WV Deer Season Begins Today

Joec7651

Handloader
Apr 7, 2019
After dinner today I’m heading over to WV for some rifle hunting. Then I’ll trek back to Ohio next week for the opening days of Ohio‘s deer gun season. I’m taking a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag for WV, and my Marlin 1895 for Ohio. Thought about bringing my Bushmaster for the Ohio hunting but just love my 1895 too much.
Im not starting with any preconceptions, just hoping to see some beautiful sunrises and recharge my batteries. I’m looking forward to the time away, but it is my first deer hunt without my son. Bittersweet, because I don’t remember what it’s like to hunt without him. That’s going to be very hard, but he’ll be right there with me the whole time. I hope you all have seasons that are happy, fruitful, and endeavors filled with happy memories that last a lifetime. Stay safe and God bless every one of you.

Joe,
Indeed a tough hunt but know that your son is with you every step of the way.
Good choice going with your Marlin 1895. The 45-70 just always seems to make one smile.
Best wishes to you on your hunts.

JD338

yep, been hunting without dad now for 35 years, the first few were tough, good luck, may you find peace with the memories you hold.
Thank you, I value your insight. Life never slows down and always changes. I still miss my dad as well when I hunt, and it’s been close to 30 years. Moments become more valuable than gold.

Im working on keeping up. I just finished going through my day pack for tomorrow. I’m looking forward to getting out. Not much else I can say I suppose, I’ll just keep taking one more step. You guys are the best……I appreciate you all.

Hey Joe, here's wishing you the best in your hunting back here in WV and hoping that it will be full of good memories that will carry you thru each day from now on. Going hunting for you and for your son. Good therapy. Given time life will get better just different. Prayers, Dan.

Back