Any Handgun Hunters?

Well I now have the 6.5 JDJ shooting the 120 gr BT at 2400 fps and getting groups around .75 MOA. I will keep at it until I hit .5" or better.

JD338

Good deal JD. You'll like that lightning bolt shooter. I finally found me a Model 700 in 280 Remington. Put a synthetic stock on her. Waiting on a new trigger guard and I am "too legit 2 quit!" Can't touch this.

Haven't put any glass on it yet but I will. so far it is my project gun. I love my 280's and I love my 7 Wby.

Rifleman,

I purchased a 7-08 from Competitor back in 1987. The trigger was horrible. Al told me to send it back and he'd fix it. I never saw it again. 100's of phone calls, excuses and empty promises accomplished zero results. He still owes me $487.00.

I hunted last fall with a T/C contender in 10mm. The hot loaded 200gr XTP loads I used dropped a big buck,a young doe and two 150 to 200lb wild hogs over the two weeks of firearms season here. This year I also added a S&W performance center 357mag pistol to my handgun list. I have been carrying it to fill and check my feeders and trail cameras about every other week at my hunting lease. So far nothing but Raccoons and one hog have came with range and all hit the dirt pretty fast from the 158gr nosler hollow points I have loaded up. I hope to have the 180gr HG bullets I ordered loaded up this week UPS Tracking says they should be here today! I plan on trying them out this fall for deer. Maybe a wild hog befoe then if I get the chance. Handgun hunting grows on you fast I am enjoying it something diiferent to do after many years of archery,blackpower,rifle hunting which I still enjoy all of those also.

steel":5xkt6mj4 said:
I hunted last fall with a T/C contender in 10mm.
Handgun hunting grows on you fast I am enjoying it something diiferent to do after many years of archery,blackpower,rifle hunting which I still enjoy all of those also.

I'm with ya.

JD338

Took a mulie doe at about 25 yards with my .45 Kimber. Used a 230 grain Federal Hydra-Shock. Getting close enough to make good use of the low velocity semi-auto was the tough part.

This is where I wish Nosler would offer a longer heavier .44 bullet for us +P+ Super Redhawk canon carry types. Now I carry 330 grain Randy Garrett Hammerheadsat 1400FPS but if Nosler would come out with some 300+ grain partitions then I would use them.

Back