Anyone finding LR primers for sale?

bdbrown66

Handloader
May 16, 2016
It's been months since I've seen them available anywhere. CCI, Federal, Winchester... scarce as hens' teeth.

Sorry, can't help. Best I can suggest is to haunt local stores and if you see some, don't hesitate.

It's been months since I've seen them available anywhere. CCI, Federal, Winchester... scarce as hens' teeth.

There's plenty of primers available at Natchez and several other major internet retailers. They may not have exactly what you want, but primers are showing up in quantity. Large Rifle primers seem to come & go quickly.

There's plenty of primers available at Natchez and several other major internet retailers. They may not have exactly what you want, but primers are showing up in quantity. Large Rifle primers seem to come & go quickly.

Yes, there are plenty of pistol and small rifle primers available. Just not LR.

Midway had fed 210 avaialble last week. I bought the 1000 box before they got scooped up. They weren’t match primers but I’ll Take them at this point. Midway did not Noticeably price gouge.
Make sure you have checked the “notify me” box and keep an eye on your email.

My son and I each bought a thousand from Midsouth while back. I was just cruising websites looking for large rifle primers and they had some CCI. Were out of stock shortly thereafter. Today I went into a store haven't been in for a while and they had 100 Fed 210 GM primers for 16.00 and no other large rifle primers. Some small pistol and rifle. I didn't buy any. Dan.

My LGS got in 3 bricks of Federal 210GM LR primers this past week. $130/1000. They were out when I left. First ones I've seen in many, many moons.

Ron

same here, though I'm pretty good for rifle primers. My challenge is pistol powder as it seems to have vanished completely

Bushman, I see pistol powders frequently at Powder Valley. Shipping and HAZMAT decrease the savings but at least you still have the powder in hand.

$10/100 seems to be a deal in today’s times if one can find some.
Same here I was at an auction yesterday and the guns/reloading supplies went for stupid money.
There were a lot of large rifle primers that all went for $100/1k but they were all 20+ years old.
On a side note, a marlin 1894 44 Rem Mag went for $1250. There were 3 M1 Grandes that went for $1450, $2400 and & $2600. There was a case of old CCI 209 shotgun primers that went for $85.

JD338

I think it's been CCI large rifle , seem to be showing up a little more often , lately . if I'm remembering correctly right around $100 - $120 . I think it was just a couple days ago, someone had Remington 9 1/2 primers for $95 . any brand of large rifle magnum primers still seem to be scarce .

I found CCI 34's a while back for $95/K so I grabbed a 2k. They're Mil spec with harder cup and magnum compound, but I haven't had any issues with them. I got them for a 308 AR10, but ended up using them in bolt guns, too.

There was some Federal Gold Medal Match 210's a few days ago, there was 100 in stock and it sold out so fast. I wanted a few bricks of those. :sick: I guess I should be quicker next time.

Just talking locally as that's the only way I've ever bought primers. Small rifle and pistol primers are showing up pretty regular. Large rifle and large rifle magnum is not coming in around here at all. Thankfully I don't need any so I wouldn't be buying anyways no matter what comes in unless they were dirt cheap which isn't going to be the case, but I like to keep on top of what's happening so I keep checking. If I see anything changing to the positive I'll let you all know

You've got to switch over to cartridges that can use a SRP case. There are plenty of SR primers around. CCI450 are readily available and I use them for my 6.5Creed and 6mmBR. Guys are also switching their .308Win over to SRP brass.

It's not the answer but it's sure better than not shooting until the LRP show up in bulk again.

You've got to switch over to cartridges that can use a SRP case. There are plenty of SR primers around. CCI450 are readily available and I use them for my 6.5Creed and 6mmBR. Guys are also switching their .308Win over to SRP brass.

It's not the answer but it's sure better than not shooting until the LRP show up in bulk again.
Yes, its my plan if I run out of large rifle primers, but I still have a few thousand BR2 primers which is good for a while, I don't shoot as much as I used to when supplies was easily available several years ago.

Back