Anyone notice????

PJGunner

Handloader
Dec 11, 2010
Has anyone noticed that the Supreme Court just made bump stocks legal again? I never have use for one and I have no use for an AR15 but it's good news for those who just stashed them away rather than destroy them. Kind of surprised me that no one had mentioned this here.
Paul B.

Has anyone noticed that the Supreme Court just made bump stocks legal again? I never have use for one and I have no use for an AR15 but it's good news for those who just stashed them away rather than destroy them. Kind of surprised me that no one had mentioned this here.
Paul B.
Thanks Paul for bringing this to light. I read this a short while ago and yes, this is great news for the second amendment!

JD338

I do love my AR platform rifles, especially the Grendel and 350 legend when a sounder of hogs shows up, but I really don't have any use for a bump stock, but anytime there is a gun rights SCOTUS win it's a great day!

Decision said you can’t use a machine-gun definition to ban a modification that is does not make a semi auto a machine-gun. Didn’t say you can’t ban a bump stock with the proper language.

It is good in that the language of the law is being followed. Helps avoid mission creep by agencies. Have no use for a bump stock, but it is reassuring that they will rein in Trump's overreach on this.

When you think about it, all they really did was tell the BATFE that they overstepped thir bounds. It was probably meant to be heard by all the dot gov agencies that have regulatory powers that they'd best watch their step. Most probably won't get the message, sad to say.
Paul B.

When you think about it, all they really did was tell the BATFE that they overstepped thir bounds. It was probably meant to be heard by all the dot gov agencies that have regulatory powers that they'd best watch their step. Most probably won't get the message, sad to say.
Paul B.
Paul,
These agencies know the laws, they purposely overstep trying to get more. Like the old say give an inch and take a mile.

JD338

It's a great decision!!

Saw a Meme... What I found amazing is that all the bump stocks that were lost in boating accidents back in 2017 miraculously washed on shore after the decision ....:unsure:

Personally do not have one but it would be fun to play with.

Back