anyone on this board have a ncr??

hofts

Beginner
Mar 12, 2006
just wondering if anyone has a ncr and if so what are all of your thoughts.??

thanks

MX racer and old #7,

What kind of delivery did Nosler give when you placed your orders?
Have they been giving you any updates as to why you are still waiting?

Just seems way too long to me.

JD338

JD338":cuvllmux said:
MX racer and old #7,

JD338

Nosler has been great to work with (Kyle Hopp is my sales contact) and most of the wait if not all has been because of me. They had a number of 300wsm NCR's ready to ship the day I called but I wanted to see each rifle (because of the variety in the wood stocks). So they took a few pictures of each rifle to e-mail to me & I ordered another scope to go with the rifle. The wait right now is me trying to decide which stock I want.

I just noticed today that in their store they now have a few of the rifles listed with a few pictures of each along with the serial #'s like Cabelas.

MX Racer":qn4oikvu said:
JD338":qn4oikvu said:
MX racer and old #7,

JD338

Nosler has been great to work with (Kyle Hopp is my sales contact) and most of the wait if not all has been because of me. They had a number of 300wsm NCR's ready to ship the day I called but I wanted to see each rifle (because of the variety in the wood stocks). So they took a few pictures of each rifle to e-mail to me & I ordered another scope to go with the rifle. The wait right now is me trying to decide which stock I want.

I just noticed today that in their store they now have a few of the rifles listed with a few pictures of each along with the serial #'s like Cabelas.

Thanks for the explaination.
Kyle Hopp is first class all the way.
Post some pics when you get your rifle.

JD338

The original delivery date was after October of 2006.
I called Nosler in early November and Kyle said they were working on some issues with SAAMI.
I have not heard a word about anything since :( :(
I am a patient man. I was taught that good things come to those who wait and I am sure the NCR in 280AI will be good. :grin: :grin: :grin:
I would appreciate better communication from Nosler.

So, can a guy order these Nosler rifles with a different length of pull?

I'm partial to a LOP about an inch longer than the standard 13.5" on most factory rifles.

Kyle's at a show right now, so unfortunately he can't answer any of your questions this week but he will be back next week. Sorry for the delay on the rifles, I know we have quite a few folks waiting but we want each rifle to be exactly what you want, not what we assume everyone wants in a rifle.

Guy- I'm not sure about the LOP, but I will make sure Kyle answers your question as soon as he gets back. He's been on here quite a bit since this forum was started a couple weeks ago.

Old #7- Same deal. Sorry for the delay. Since you talked to Kyle before I'm sure he knows exactly what's going on with your rifle and will be able to fill you in early next week. If you want, PM me your contact information and I'll make sure it gets done ASAP. I don't mind giving him a hard time for you guys. :grin:

JusMo
Like I said before.
I am a patient man. I was taught that good things come to those who wait and I am sure the NCR in 280AI will be good.
I understand you are very busy because you guys have great products. I am sure your custom rifles will be a great success and they will be passed on generation after generation with pride.
Thanks for the reply.

We at Nosler thank all of you for your patience. We have realized that our communication has areas that need improvement. We will strive to meet or exceed your expectations through this whole process. Our customers are number one. Without you we have nothing.

The 280AI rifle is moving along and it looks like full production will be in April and so will the the shipping of the first rifles. We hope to complete no less than 30 rifles a month.

Thank you folks again for your patience and support of Nosler.

I have the 2005 rifle, and I placed a deposit on the "2006" rifle long enough ago that I can't even remember exactly when. My intent is to get the entire set, if I am able.

Nosler3":2pf7if1e said:
We at Nosler thank all of you for your patience. We have realized that our communication has areas that need improvement.

This is an understatement. When delivery dates slipped (repeatedly) on the .300 WSM, I got updates only when I asked for them (repeatedly). I spoke with MIke Harris *and* a member of the Nosler family (John Junior, IIRC, I've since lost the emails), and was assured that the comm problem was something Nosler folks were aware of. Although I enjoyed the conversation, it is apparent that the communication problem persists.

Until I got Kyle's email last week, I had no idea what was going on with the .280 AI. Fact is, I still don't. The update made a reference to Nosler's unwillingness to compromise quality to make a date (which I fully apppreciate), but it told me nothing I didn't already know; my rifle was taking way longer than expected, and that I could trust that the rifle will be a quality piece of gear when it eventually gets here.

I responded to Kyle with some specific questions and suggestions for content in any future updates. I hope I get a response.

We will strive to meet or exceed your expectations through this whole process. Our customers are number one. Without you we have nothing.

I expect that I'll get the great rifle I ordered, I have no doubt you'll meet that expectation.

I also expect that in return for holding onto my deposit for such an unexpectedly long time, you'll keep me up-to-date about specifically why I'm waiting. On this count, I have been disappointed so far. It took me several contacts to find out what went wrong with the .300 WSM delivery schedule. I still have no idea why I'm waiting for my .280 AI (aside from a passing reference to SAAMI somewhere on the forums).

The 280AI rifle is moving along and it looks like full production will be in April and so will the the shipping of the first rifles. We hope to complete no less than 30 rifles a month.

That's definitely good news. Do we have any reason to believe that the delivery problems have been solved for the .270 and subsequent editions? And more importantly, will you make a commitment to better inform the folks whose deposits you hold?

Thanks for listening.

It sounds like the only issue the rifle customers have has is communication. I completely agree with that and want to again assure you that we are striving to solve that problem completely. We have been working on an e-mail data base where we can contact everyone at once. We will be sending an e-mail update every month as we go. We also hope to utilize our web site to show the progress of the rifles as we produce them. If you are a rifle customer and have not received an e-mail, feel free to contact us and we will be sure to get you in the system.

About 4 months ago I bought the 300wsm through cabellas, The same day my buddy purchased a .300 wetherby. The minute I received the gun, I knew it was well worth every penny. The smoothness of the bolt is unbelievale. My first test fires of the rifleout of the box were all withing 3 inches of center at 200 yards. My first kill was a mouflan on a full run at 150 yards. It got spooked, when we came up on it. My first shot missed, damn they can run faster then you think. But the second and third shot both hit dead center. When we got home, I immediately ordered the .280 and plan on ordering evey future caliber made. My buddy loved the gun so much he tried to get one, but alas they don't make left handed guns yet so he's stuck with his weatherby.

Hunting is just better with a Nosler

JD338":1teu2g0c said:
MX Racer":1teu2g0c said:
JD338":1teu2g0c said:
MX racer and old #7,

JD338

Thanks for the explaination.
Kyle Hopp is first class all the way.
Post some pics when you get your rifle.

JD338

I finally got around to posting some pictures of my N.C.R.

Enjoy:

IMG_0122.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0124.jpg

[/img]
IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

[/img]
IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0131.jpg
[/img]

MX Racer

That is a beautiful rifle. Thanks for posting the pictures.

JD338

Holy Smokes!!! That is a rifle that I would love to have! I guess I know what I'll be saving for over the next 2-3 years except in .300 Win Mag! :grin:

Congratulations on a beautiful rifle!

Scott

Back