Bad weather rifle.

Great find. That's a nice rifle. I'd say a $8 screw kit and some bedding to the lug would probably fix most issues with it. I agree it's a good idea to break down, inspect, clean and sometimes fix new to you guns. Makes me feel better knowing exactly what I have.

BretN":3g5o8uip said:
Great find. That's a nice rifle. I'd say a $8 screw kit and some bedding to the lug would probably fix most issues with it. I agree it's a good idea to break down, inspect, clean and sometimes fix new to you guns. Makes me feel better knowing exactly what I have.

For now I robbed the front action screw out of a 98 mauser I have in a 22-250 that's currently sitting not in use. I'll see what it does. Believe it or not I never owned a 243. Got plenty of bullets for it that I use in 6mm, but no 243 brass or dies. Got a buddy that I can borrow a die set off of to try it, and probably buy a few brass off of him.

I have 1 CZ rifle and it is a 527 American in a 204. It replaced my Savage model-12 :wink: I was told by many people that I had lost a lot of accuracy by getting rid of the Savage. Well it is about 1/2 the weight :lol: & the accuracy is a very pleasant surprise.

Blessings,
Dan

Back