Ballistic app

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
Long time away...couldn't find my info until today. (Old email)

Anyways...
Looking for a ballistic program i can input a certain height of impact at a particular yardage abd see the entire trajectory. All I can find are programs that you can only put in a zeroed trajectory. I.e. 100 yard zero, 200 zero, etc.
I'd like to see an app putting in a +2.750 at 100 as example and see the flight path.

Putting in anything really would save so much time than trying to play wuth a zeroed at xyz game.

Thx in advance for any info

283a9878f00dea507a715a92c9762d3c.jpg

Hornady app on iPhone.

Scope height = 0, 0 range =0 shooting angle =0

I think that’s what you want. The drop is a couple columns to the right and it’s negative instead of the positive hold over.

Another option.

Good question.

Every once in a while I find someone who doesn’t understand flat shooting and they try to argue gravity doesn’t exist for a weatherby 30-378.

No shade meant for Roy or his 30-378 monster. Heck of a cartridge and heck of a gun(Mark V)(wish I had one). Just a few dumb customers....

Noticed I didn’t zero out the wind. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbires":32sjr6n1 said:
http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi

I'm pretty sure " zero height " is what your looking for .

Yes, yes yes

One hundred thousand thanks. Exactly what I was looking for!!!

I just messed around with that jbm page too. I'm not sure I completely understand the zero height and drop at zero info. For instance, if I tell it I am zeroed 1.5in high at 100 yds, it apppears to give 1.5in drop at 100 yds in the results... tons of options though. I guess I like a graphical output to make it obvious what the trajectory is. Will play with it some more...

300, if you input your zero at say 300 yards and a max distance of 500 yards it will calculate your trajectory at whatever increment you input. It’s kind of a backwards way to get what you want but it works. Depending upon your bullet weight 2.75 should put you at zero give or take a few yards

“Sight Height”... is the distance from the center of the bore to the center of the rifle scope.

“Zero Range”.... is the distance the POA/POI intersect.... or the distance the rifle is zeroed at.

Elkman":1wo5m595 said:
300, if you input your zero at say 300 yards and a max distance of 500 yards it will calculate your trajectory at whatever increment you input. It’s kind of a backwards way to get what you want but it works. Depending upon your bullet weight 2.75 should put you at zero give or take a few yards
I know I can work all those apps that way but that is the problem. I can keep playing with an exact yardage zero...288, 312, whatever and can get my 100 or 200 yard height to be where i want it....but that is the whole problem. Huge PITA

That app that Jim Bires put up is exactly what i am looking for. I can put in any number in the 100 yard mark and see the following yardage bullet path.

Perfect. Simple. Quick. I care much less about having a zero (and I would bet I am not in the minority on this) zero on exactly where I could care less in a hunting rig. I want to see my flight path if I sight in at xyz high at 100 or 200 etc.

I echo again 1000 thanks to Jim Bires!!!

Back