Ballistic tip not available?

gunrunnerz

Beginner
Jun 10, 2008
Last week I went to purchase some more 180 grain 338 caliber Ballistic tips; they have a maroon tip, and the supplier told me they no longer have them or can get them. I was told that Nosler is now making a 180 grain in the AccuBond round for the 338 caliber. I've been shooting the BT's for several years and have had 100% success on mule deer and elk with it, does anyone know if this round is being stopped as I was told. I like the heavy construction of the BT and have always had a positive expasion and fatal wound channel. If this is the case of this round no longer being produced does anyone know where I might some. Also can anyone share any experience with using the 180 gr AccuBond. Thanks.

I bought about 150 over the Summer from the Shooters Pro Shop. They had them listed forever for 13.00 for a bag of 50. I was planning on loading them and seeing how they worked in my 338WM for a good shooting load for my wife to hunt out West with. You might give them a call and see if they have any more of them. I put a link to the SPS down below. Scotty

http://www.shootersproshop.com/Departme ... r=1&page=3

They do carry the AccuBond which is similar but superior to the BT.
However if you look around you will find some here and there.

gunrunnerz

The only 338 cal BT offered is the 200 gr Ballistic Silver Tip for Winchester. You can buy seconds when they are available through Shooters Pro Shop. The AccuBond has replaced the BT and is a very robust bullet. he AB is available in 180 gr, 200 gr, 225 gr and 250 gr weights.

JD338

Back