BeadBlasting-GUNNERS Sport.

35R

Beginner
Jan 13, 2012
I am in the process of sending an action to Pac-Nor for a rebarrel. Since they do not provide any bluing (finishing) services they told me they will send it out to Gunners Sport to get this done. Has anyone here had any dealing with Gunners. Are they any good? I am assuming Pac-Nor would only surround themselves with quality work. However, I though I'll ask around to see if anyone had any feedback on them. Thanks In advance

I had Pac-nor re do a 378 WBY in the early 1990's. They (and their sub contractors) did great work.

35R":31xic85y said:
I am in the process of sending an action to Pac-Nor for a rebarrel. Since they do not provide any bluing (finishing) services they told me they will send it out to Gunners Sport to get this done. Has anyone here had any dealing with Gunners. Are they any good? I am assuming Pac-Nor would only surround themselves with quality work. However, I though I'll ask around to see if anyone had any feedback on them. Thanks In advance

Gotta ask with a name like 35R, what are you having PacNor do for you?!! Sorry, just feel like it is my duty to ask.

SJB358":2txhe7cd said:
Gotta ask with a name like 35R, what are you having PacNor do for you?!! Sorry, just feel like it is my duty to ask.

IDK what duty that might be. But, to satisfy your "curiosity" they are going to do a .260 Remington project for me. Wby Vanguard short action, 26" super match grade #5 or #6 (still undecided) contour, 1:9" 5-groove. recessed crown. And hopefully( the purpose of my thread) a matte black finished. 8)

Thanks FOTIS I would imagine anything coming from Pac-Nor would be top notch. However, since this is my first time using them I thought I'll ask around.

Very cool rifle. I just meant with a 35R display name you were building something 358 caliber. Had to ask!

Still a sweet rifle.

35R":2mhk4z5n said:
Thanks FOTIS I would imagine anything coming from Pac-Nor would be top notch. However, since this is my first time using them I thought I'll ask around.

It will be. Order with confidence sir.

Funny the 35R come from one of my fondest rifle a Marlin 336 chambered in .35 Remington

35R":vyryd0ru said:
Funny the 35R came from one of my fondest rifle a Marlin 336 chambered in .35 Remington

You should see Scottie's 35 Marlin! Greatest Marlin stock I have ever seen.

35R":20z4680n said:
Funny the 35R come from one of my fondest rifle a Marlin 336 chambered in .35 Remington

I have the same rifle. Shot it's first deer this year. Thinking about rigging it up a little now that I see how well it shoots and what a little hammer it is.

DSC_2342.jpg

DSC_2340.jpg

Has a Williams 5D sight on it now and shoots really well. I think it deserves a better set of sights or maybe a 2.5X Leupold? Not just sure yet...

FOTIS":33tijh9c said:
There ought to be a law! :evil:

Fotis, the funny part is I grabbed this rifle right after I went in for a 7WSM Featherweight, the 7 was sold, and I started scouring the racks, cause gosh darn, I was getting a rifle! Well, I found this little 35 for 315.00 I think. I know I was pretty stoked and what a cool handling little rifle!

You got that gorgeous little Marlin for $315? :shock:

There's got to be an arrest warrant out for you by now... :grin:

DrMike":1iwf9c1p said:
Most people wear a mask and use a gun to get a rifle that cheaply.

I was LUCKY with that one. It was just sitting there on the rack with about 10 other 35 Rem's, and I happened to grab it. I was looking for a few weeks, for a decent 35 Rem, and I lucked out that day.

That is indeed a beautiful stock on that M336.I don't know if I would be taking that one into the woods. Mine is circa 1980 and has the "pallet wood" stock. But, it can shoot like the best of my bolt guns.

a 1-6 variable scope would be sweet. I got to a point where I couln't use the iron sights anymore. I installed a 3-9x40 Zeiss I had laying around and now I do not want to take it off. :p

I installed a 3-9x40 Zeiss I had laying around and now I do not want to take it off.

I understand that! I had a 1.4-4.5 Zeiss on either of my Model 94 .356s for quite a few years. Now, I have a Leupold VX7 1X6 on one, and a Kahles 1.1-4.4 on the other. My Model 94 .375 wears a Vortex PST. My eyes appreciate all the help they can get.

Back