Binculars

Hegland":1c6gdt46 said:
Last time I bring this one back, I promise. But it occurred to me that I never closed this out with results.

I ended up with a pair of 8.5x42 Swarovski ELs last fall. They were used, but new enough to have the Swarovision treatment, and at a price I couldn't resist. They are spectacular. I can't say enough good about them. Ergonomics, lightweight, I really like the open bridge, and of course the optics are first-rate. I've had them out several times over the course of the winter in all kinds of light conditions, and I'm happy. :)

Top quality optics. Scotty is correct that people just don't speak ill of Swarovski once they try them.

For anyone who's wondering's info---- The Meopta Meopro bino's are excellent, and rival the pricier Meostar. I have corresponded with Meopta re: their rifles scopes, which are marketed with the same two product lines, and also the binos. The glass/coatings are identical. The differences are in the materials and ruggedness of the chassis.

My father has Meopro's, and the d-ring that the harness attaches to broke. Meopta replaced his binos at no cost.

I have compared his 8x42 pro's to my 7x42 'stars. There's a tiny bit of difference, but not much. Now, my father is one of the most frugal people I know. He resisted new binos a lot, until he had enough Cabela's points that it was a minor cost to him out of pocket. His Meopro's were returned mid archery season and he used his old "they're just as good" Leupold Wind Rivers in the mean time. He has not touched those bino's since his Meoptas came back, and he will readily admit they were a very worthwhile purchase.

AND....

CLNY has demos on the Meopro's for about $300.

Tom,

I'm of the opinion that it is harder to appreciate all the upgrades that better glass offers but, go backwards for a split second and your eyes will shout so loud that you grab the better stuff!

Back