Bipod - swivel or non-swivel?

G

Looking at a Harris bipod. Swivel version, or non-swivel version?

Get the swivel model, you will not regret it.

I used to have a couple of non-swivel Harris bipods. As soon as I tried the models with the swivel I gave the old ones away.

Always get the swivel model. You can't always control direct by moving the legs.

I have 2 but they are fixed. The next one will be the swivel.

JD338

I only have fixed

The one time I borrowed one that swiveled and had a quick connect to the sling swivel, it was so loose it drove me crazy when in the up non-deployed position. Like a loose bayonet. Shifting weight from one side to other and making a little noise. Also considerably heavier

At least the fixed Harris are locked in tight when not in use

Perhaps someone has fixed that problem now. Is there a swivel one that doesn't weigh more and is tight when in the up position?

woods":s3d21qb3 said:
I only have fixed

The one time I borrowed one that swiveled and had a quick connect to the sling swivel, it was so loose it drove me crazy when in the up non-deployed position. Like a loose bayonet. Shifting weight from one side to other and making a little noise. Also considerably heavier

At least the fixed Harris are locked in tight when not in use

Perhaps someone has fixed that problem now. Is there a swivel one that doesn't weigh more and is tight when in the up position?

I have both styles , and both are Harris . I do prefer the swivel type . I also use a " alpha bravo " pod lock instead of the little round knob that comes with it for locking the swivel . I really don't see a difference in weight between the swivel and non-swivel . I also never noticed the bipod not fitting tight in either position . could have been a stock shape or swivel stud compatibility problem with your bipod . I have the friction lock legs . I think I'm going to buy a notch leg one . I think the notched legs would be quicker to extend evenly to a needed height .

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearc ... bipod+lock

I have 4 bipods . 2 swivel , 2 don't . I just thought of a way to weigh them . I used my lyman trigger pull gauge .

" shooter ridge " 9"-13" non swivel , 11.5 oz ....... purchased from walmart . it looks to be a Harris copy
" Harris 1A2 " 9"-13" ultra light non swivel , 11.3 oz
" Harris SL " 9" - 13" swivel with pod lock , 15.6 oz
" Harris SBR " 6" - 9" swivel with pod lock , 14.1 oz

I recently asked the same question, and thanks to the input from those here I have a new Harris with the swivel. I like it better than the fixed one I have

Swivel without a question. I baught a 9-13 and wish i would have picked 6-9 for bench. 9-13 is too tall. Would be good for hunting .

Back