Bolt Action .224 Valkyrie

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
Anybody have one of these? Either a custom or perhaps a Mossberg?

Been watching Gavin Gear videos on YouTube and the idea of being able to shoot long range match with the same rifle I could use on coyotes has my wheels turning.

I already have an AR style rifle, it has its place but not super in love with the MSR platform. I’m a bolt action loony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't the .224 Valkyrie invented by Savage?
I believe you can get a bolt action Savage in .224 Valkyrie.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

HAWKEYESATX":66v6oyd3 said:

Yep you certainly can get a Savage bolt action in the Valkyrie. I just like the looks of the Mossberg better.

filmjunkie4ever":11bmrei6 said:
HAWKEYESATX":11bmrei6 said:

Yep you certainly can get a Savage bolt action in the Valkyrie. I just like the looks of the Mossberg better.

I understand about economical rifles, and Mossberg offers a very affordable rifle. I would pass on a Mossberg just for the simple fact that their quality control is lacking a lot when it comes to their rifles.
I've always had excellent results with Savage, even though they are a little pricey now. I would still stick to the 110 action.

Hawk

That rifle Gavin built is a sweet shooter. I even did pretty well with it! :)

Guy

Got.my second Savage now (first was a 223) and I think they are worth the money.
I will replace the trigger, otherwise it does all I need.
First test with the Creedmoor was sub-moa and I am sure finetuning will make it a shooter.
I'd go for a Savage anytime

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Bighorn Origin actions are your friend if you want to build one. 6.8 bolt.
MDT mag.
http://www.chpws.com/

If you’re doing a bolt and hand loading what about a 220 Thunderbolt. You’re going to max out in the Valkyrie at 2900-2950 and wear out some brass. Thunderbolt in a bolt goes 3000 pretty easily. 6 mm Hagar brass necked down with a 223 bushing.

Just my 3 cents. :grin:

Back