Boyd’s has done well

The stock looks great. Quite a few years ago I purchased a nutmeg Laminate Boyds stock from them for my son's 6mm Ruger MKII. I had my gunsmith pillar and glass bed the stock and it really shoots. I also had the stock checkered. You can buy it checkered already now from Boyds. I'm pleased with their stock.

View attachment 17722
I had one on a mkII before as well. It shot much better than it did before the upgrade. Good looking gun. I bedded mine last night and I’m going to the range tomorrow to test it out.

That looks really nice! I've had 3 Boyd's that were drop in and go with just a tiny bit of fitting work required on one. I bought one from ebay and it's been a pain. I guess everybody has a miss now and then, it's surely not enough to discourage me from purchasing another in the future.

Yup - that one is sharp! Some day Im gonna have me a rifle w/ a Maple Stock. Painted checkering is certainly distinctive. Are thos luey mounts somthing special...? Wondering why Guy was asking. CL

Yup - that one is sharp! Some day Im gonna have me a rifle w/ a Maple Stock. Painted checkering is certainly distinctive. Are thos luey mounts somthing special...? Wondering why Guy was asking. CL
I actually think the checkering is either burnt or dyed. It’s laser cut so that makes me think burnt. Either way, it feels great and looks great to me.

They’re Leupold Backcountry rings. Super light and easy to install.

Back