Boys new rifle

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
My father bought my son a M93 Savage 17HMR for Christmas. Very sweet rifle with the Accu Trigger and fully camoed. Anyhow, here are a few pictures of it. I think we are going to try and get it out and see how it shoots! Scotty

DSC_1659.jpg

DSC_1656.jpg

We were just going to zero it and shoot it some, but all the darn stores are closed! Every single one of them! I will make it up to him later. Figures, the only rifle in my entire house that doesn't have at least 50 loaded rounds, ready to go! Scotty

What a great gift for your son, Scotty. That is just the ticket for a boy.

Sadly, Scotty, you can't reload those little shells. I should imagine that you will be hounded mercilessly for cartridges over the next several years until he begins to earn his own cash. It happens to all good dads. That is why we have children, so we can spend what we have on them. After they are gone, we will have a brief time to ourselves ... before the grandchildren come. Then, it starts all over, to our unimaginable joy and satisfaction.

I'll take it, shooting is something I will never, ever balk at. I am kinda bummed as we were going to shoot some today, me with the my 22 Mag and him with his 17HMR, but hopefully tomorrow we can get some range time in. I would like to see him put some crows or squirrels to rest! Scotty

I would like to see him put some crows or squirrels to rest!

I suspect he has a good teacher. Shortly, some of the pests will begin to take a long nap for him.

Awesome! Don't know that there's a better round for smacking crows... and that camo finish goes great with the Tinkerbell backpack.

Scotty,

That is a great gift, contratulations to your son.

Maybe the two of you can get in on some predator hunting too.

JD338

beretzs":1d6ca3t1 said:
Figures, the only rifle in my entire house that doesn't have at least 50 loaded rounds, ready to go! Scotty

At one time, I would have been horrified at that thought, but now I figure I'm just buying rifles too fast. :)

I am kicking myself right now for not getting ammo, but I will stock up tomorrow! Scotty

Good stuff, I remember being fired up seeing that big long box laying under the tree and wondering what new adventures I would conquer with my new rifle.

He is, I think we will get out tomorrow. Might be able to fetch a few squirrels or something, I hope! Never had a 17HMR, hope it shoots! Scotty

Scotty,

Most of the 17 HMRs that I've seen and/or shot were surprisingly accurate. That little piece of lead is wicked bad on rabbits and squirrels. It works wonders on grouse as well.

Man, I can't wait. Can't be too bad, it is based off my favorite small game round, the 22WMR so it has to be decent! I have killed so much small game with the 22WMR that I really can't think of another rimfire. I am sure this little 17 is just as good. Scotty

Back